Lou's Fine Ales and Beers

33 new beers in. Knops are the standouts, hard as fuck to get hold of apparently. Just had a new Imperial stout by Bristol beer factory. Topper. Authentic green walnut lambic one as well which is rare as fuck.

33 new beers in. Knops are the standouts, hard as fuck to get hold of apparently. Just had a new Imperial stout by Bristol beer factory. Topper. Authentic green walnut lambic one as well which is rare as fuck.

Need to get into the Gins, lots of cracking little independant distilleries knocking some tremendous Gins out, not cheap but like the ales i dont mind paying for quality.
Get Ian to look into it, could be a canny number for him

Need to get into the Gins, lots of cracking little independant distilleries knocking some tremendous Gins out, not cheap but like the ales i dont mind paying for quality.
Will do, those Knops ones are really hard to come by apparently. When he told Chris in the Isis he was getting a load in Chris asked where the fuck had managed to get them from.

Trying out a green walnut Lambic beer that's 20 quid a bottle.

Last edited:
Here mate, I'm not joking, we've just had a try of this triple IPA by the Little Earth Project. Fuck me it's incredible. No word of a lie it's probably the best beer that's been in the shop so far. Limited edition of 432 bottles and it's 12%. Mind blowing.

I had Clwb Tropicana by Tiny Rebel last night.
That was very nice but I dread to think how much it was.
It was in The Botanist and thankfully my mate paid. I wouldn't generally go in something that far up its own arse.

Got a few nice ones from here at the weekend. Arrogant Bastard Ale probs my favourite

Thats a belter. I need to pop over some time, haven’t been in for a while.

Not related to Lou’s directly, but I called in Glug in the Grainger Market when I was in Newcastle last week and their beer selection was shit. Shelves full of wheat beers and fruity stuff. Barely a stout or dark ale in sight. I left without getting anything.

Thats a belter. I need to pop over some time, haven’t been in for a while.

Not related to Lou’s directly, but I called in Glug in the Grainger Market when I was in Newcastle last week and their beer selection was shit. Shelves full of wheat beers and fruity stuff. Barely a stout or dark ale in sight. I left without getting anything.
About 24 cases just in this afternoon. I had me oar in so there's about 6 or 7 of them stouts and porters. :lol:

Oh yes. A prince among drinks it must be said.

:lol:
My eyeballs were floating by about 3 o'clock.

:lol:

Whey we started about 2.30. Bought twelve bottles (along with some tins in the fridge) and halved each bottle in glasses. Had a bit of a taster sesh. :lol:

You can't mix twelve/thirteen different beers of canny strength. I wasn't particularly pissed but my guts went on strike. :lol:

Back