Lou's Fine Ales and Beers

It's shut for ten days for a refurb mate.I might come over and take The Ivy.

Really? I shall look forward to whatever is happening then. Was only.thursday I think I last walked past and was still open then but I'm away a week so perhaps open by thr time I'm back

Really? I shall look forward to whatever is happening then. Was only.thursday I think I last walked past and was still open then but I'm away a week so perhaps open by thr time I'm back
Yeah it shut yesterday.There will be some lost souls wandering the streets of Roker.I don't know what they are doing to it as noone could get any info.All I know is they were going to move the bar/make it smaller but it was going to cost too much.

It's having a try but the harbour takes some beating for the ale.If anywhere could get the beer like there i think everyone would leave the harbour.
Don't get is wrong like, think the harbour is canny but I think the selection is better in the avenue. Better balanced. It is also a personal thing mind as it suits me better.

Often find the harbour has a wide selection of the same beers whilst avenue always seems to be a range of light to dark beers in a range of strengths

It's having a try but the harbour takes some beating for the ale.If anywhere could get the beer like there i think everyone would leave the harbour.

I should add I've only moved to Sunderland in the last 6 months and whilst I've regularly visited the harbour over the years when up I'd never been to the avenue will i moved so no idea what its been like before.

Chatted to the landlord and he's dead canny and I think reasonably recent to the place?

Last edited:
Don't get is wrong like, think the harbour is canny but I think the selection is better in the avenue. Better balanced. It is also a personal thing mind as it suits me better.

Often find the harbour has a wide selection of the same beers whilst avenue always seems to be a range of light to dark beers in a range of strengths

I should add I've only moved to Sunderland in the last 6 months and whilst I've regularly visited the harbour over the years when up I'd never been to the avenue will i moved so no idea what its been like before.

Chatted to the landlord and he's dead canny and I think reasonably recent to the place?

The avenue is better

Back