Louis Theroux: Surviving America's Most Hated Family

I think his style works best on the Americans. A lot of the gentle sarcasm and nuance is hidden under "British politeness" and I think it flies under the radar over the for the most part.

I think often there's an element of thinking they're winning him over, or changing his views a bit. As you say, some of the subtle cheekiness is totally lost on them.

She gets nee sympathy from me.
Got what she deserved. Medicine not tasting so good now eh?
No doubt, but she was indoctrinated as a child.

The "word of god" is powerful like.

I think often there's an element of thinking they're winning him over, or changing his views a bit. As you say, some of the subtle cheekiness is totally lost on them.
In this one though, he definitely had more of a go at them. Which was appreciated like, wish it was longer tbh.

Bit of a twunts trick at the end by Theroux when he told her that her siblings had struck up relationships. Gutter tabloid stuff TBH.

In this one though, he definitely had more of a go at them. Which was appreciated like, wish it was longer tbh.

I'll have to watch it.

He actually doesn't live to far from one of the gyms I train at. Would love to bump in to him

I like the ones where he goes back. Fascinating to see him be a bit more aggressive with them this time around.

Gramps man. Dementia turned him back into a normal human being and they sidelined him for it.

Wonder how he felt when told by two of them they were inspired to join Wesbro after watching his first documentary?

Fair play for including them, think I might have been tempted to hit the delete button.

That lad who’s gone over there from Bradford :lol:

He doesn’t believe a word he says imo.

Worringly, he was wearing a 1958 BWFC shirt in one of his photos.

That's not a shirt you'd pick up at a random sports shop sale either, it's only available at the club shop or from Toffs.

Last edited:

Back