Louis Theroux documentaries

At the time many people like me took little interest in Savile and thought that he was just an irritating twat who had a huge TV and radio career that had for some reason been enthusiastically promoted by the BBC despite Savile's obvious limitations.

Theroux on the other hand must have done his homework and spoken to people in the entertainment industry and had a bloody good idea what Savile was really like. Hence his motive for doing the show. The fact the he then let Savile run rings around him and claim total innocent simply demonstrated what a lightweight Theroux actually is. I am sure that people who could have done a proper job on Savile when he was still alive never got an opportunity to do so after Theroux's balls up.

Paul Merton has him sussed on have I got news for you, had to edit loads out. Stopped short of calling him a nonce

Paul Merton has him sussed on have I got news for you, had to edit loads out. Stopped short of calling him a nonce
Actually I’m totally worng, he just thought he was a strange old man and a bit of a prick, there’s a fake transcript online but both him and Ian Hislop confirmed it’s fake

Last edited:

Back