Louis Theroux documentaries

The Savile one where he gets it very wrong.
At the time many people like me took little interest in Savile and thought that he was just an irritating twat who had a huge TV and radio career that had for some reason been enthusiastically promoted by the BBC despite Savile's obvious limitations.

Theroux on the other hand must have done his homework and spoken to people in the entertainment industry and had a bloody good idea what Savile was really like. Hence his motive for doing the show. The fact the he then let Savile run rings around him and claim total innocent simply demonstrated what a lightweight Theroux actually is. I am sure that people who could have done a proper job on Savile when he was still alive never got an opportunity to do so after Theroux's balls up.

At the time many people like me took little interest in Savile and thought that he was just an irritating twat who had a huge TV and radio career that had for some reason been enthusiastically promoted by the BBC despite Savile's obvious limitations.

Theroux on the other hand must have done his homework and spoken to people in the entertainment industry and had a bloody good idea what Savile was really like. Hence his motive for doing the show. The fact the he then let Savile run rings around him and claim total innocent simply demonstrated what a lightweight Theroux actually is. I am sure that people who could have done a proper job on Savile when he was still alive never got an opportunity to do so after Theroux's balls up.
Can’t disagree with any of that.

Funnily enough, no. :lol:

I'm watching the Chris Eubank one now.

i looked at the list of "When Louis Met" people earlier today. of the seven, only Eubank and Ann Widdecombe are relatively speaking doing okay. Savile and Max Clifford are both dead sex criminals/paedophiles, Keith Harris and Paul Daniels have both, sadly, passed away and Neil Hamilton is too weird for Welsh UKIP.

Met him a few times. The documentary was spot-on in showing what a crazy bastard he is. He drives around in this ffs, which on a tight London road, is sheer lunacy..

It's been many years since I watched this. He's very fragile/sensitive emotionally and very concerned about his image.

Seems like a nice yet crazy chap.

Louis asked him if any of his kids are ever gonna box and he said no. :lol:

He's well old fashioned in his views around the house though.

Last edited:

Back