Louis Laing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Louis Laing is one of those football-playing defenders who are not as solid as the likes of John Egan, who could develop into a decent centre-half. However, he is good on the ball and is fit, so could turn into a good defensive midfield player. This is where he has been playing recently and he seems to be making a go of it.

I reckon he could be a good loan signing for a league one team in a midfield position. He could fit into the Sunderland pattern in the future if we continued to look to wingers for our flair.

watched him against lincoln, was playing defensive mid and looked very comfortable on the ball; was the stand out player in the game really, never looked rushed dispite lincoln playing a high pressing game.

Louis Laing is one of those football-playing defenders who are not as solid as the likes of John Egan, who could develop into a decent centre-half. However, he is good on the ball and is fit, so could turn into a good defensive midfield player. This is where he has been playing recently and he seems to be making a go of it.

I reckon he could be a good loan signing for a league one team in a midfield position. He could fit into the Sunderland pattern in the future if we continued to look to wingers for our flair.

I too thought he was composed when on the ball

Seen him play about 25 times and although I think he has his good Points I dont see him being a top division defender would think he will be a good Championship defender in a couple of year.

Fair enough, still very young though and I am not writing him off for a good couple of seasons yet.

Hope not.

A SAFC youth product who has any potential should be sold immediately, before our fans rip into them.

Local lads are never deemed to be good enough - Colback, Henderson, Leadbitter etc.

Hope not.

A SAFC youth product who has any potential should be sold immediately, before our fans rip into them.

Local lads are never deemed to be good enough - Colback, Henderson, Leadbitter etc.

To be fair you have a point with Henderson and Colback both goo players who took unfair stick but leadbitter was always f***ing awful and even boro fans think he's shite in the championship.

Ive watched a handful of games for the 2nd team and him and Billy Knott always stood out.

He was excellent at reading the game. Spotting where the striker was running, taking empty balls and clearing the danger etc.

Style of play reminded me very much of Rio Ferdinand as someone has mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back