Lost In Space (2018) on Netflix - Starts today

Discussion in 'SMB' started by HebburnMackem, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Dagzd1973

Dagzd1973 Midfield

You're meant to hate her.

2. HebburnMackem

HebburnMackem Striker

Episodes 4 and 5 are a little slower, still good though

3. George Kaplan

George Kaplan Winger

I’m watching and enjoying it. Also enjoyed watching the original when I was a kid. I noticed that Judy is black (assume this will be explained at some point), I also noticed the dynamic between the parents which was different to the first series (made in the 60’s when the mother was pretty much a subservient housekeeper to the heroic male leader), noticed the greater depth of characterisation and complex interactions between family members, particularly the parents, noticed that Dr Smith was female and that the characters back story was differen, noticed it was very much more current and the production values were good... and still realised that it was fluffy entertainment not a political treatise. I’ll now depart to the other thread for 5 minutes read about what others think about the actual programme. OP was definitely trying to make some kind of politically motivated sarcastic point and has been called out. Has discovered that he can’t really explain his point of view. I’d hope this might lead him/her to think deeply and reconsider his/her perspective but life experience tells me that this is a forlorn hope. He ho

Coeus, Howard the Duck and fyl2u like this.
  4. fyl2u

fyl2u Striker

Is Bill Mumy in it? :D

Loved him in Babylon 5.

5. well i’m certainly fucking lost

the veteran likes this.
  6. Spot

Spot Striker

I've read with great interest your replies in both threads I much prefer the other one

7. Dark Traveller

Dark Traveller Striker

Watched the first four episodes today, and finding it enjoyable.

Found episode four a bit annoying, nothing with what was going on. But I hate stuff where it’s done nearly in complete darkness.

8. scott934

scott934 Striker

Getting slated on the reviews on imdb, particularly the script and acting. Never seen the original, but is this more shite put out by Netflix?

9. Fetch Fletch

Fetch Fletch Striker

7.3 is hardly slated mind.

10. HebburnMackem

HebburnMackem Striker

If you don't go in expecting some cutting edge sci-fi and instead just want an easy ride that is not offensive or hard to digest then it's fine. These days all the critics want is dark dystopian drama that is forced. Most viewers dont tho.

11. scott934

scott934 Striker

12. Howard the Duck

Howard the Duck Striker

Some Random Guy likes this.
  13. HebburnMackem

HebburnMackem Striker

It's got 68% on Rotten Tomatoes which is not bad for them AFAIK

14. Boinger

Boinger Winger

Perfect summary.. I'm enjoying it.

HebburnMackem and Maxie like this.
  15. Dagzd1973

Dagzd1973 Midfield

Welcome to the world of fanboys and trolls. Apparently people who watch 'The Expanse' have been downvoting Lost in Space since it started. Fucknars why. Competition?

I understand why racists would downvote 'Black Panther', but this just seems a new level of ridiculousness to me like.

Howard the Duck likes this.
  16. scott934

scott934 Striker

There is just so many consecutively saying the same thing it's put me off slightly. Probs still give it a couple of episodes and see how I feel.

17. Sir Lancelot

Sir Lancelot Winger

If anyone is interested in comparing the original series with the current one you can watch it on YouTube.

18. Dogbark

Dogbark Striker

A Cameo role in the first episode.

fyl2u likes this.
  19. gazc24

gazc24 Winger

Trying to watch the first episode but struggling, average acting at best and trying to outrun freezing water. Will give it 19 more minutes

It's off, bored shitless

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  20. Seems reasonable, I would have said low 70s pesonally.

Been off with the shits so I binged this today. Preferred Altered Carbon but this was decent enough and I'd be happy to watch season 2 if/when it drops.

I guess they played it a bit too safe to work as a gritty reboot and wasn't light enough to be a "fun" show.

Frijj and Maxie like this.