Lost Ark

coyneeee

Winger
MMARPG game (not to be confused with MMORPG) basically Diablo / Path of Exile with MMO features in the game, otherwise can be played completely solo if you're not interested in the MMO stuff.

Developed by a South Korean firm regionally and became a big hit in Asia, Amazon regionalised and translated it for the West.

Pre-order access came out today and is free to play from Friday (11th) - Can see it going on consoles in the future but PC only for now

Last edited:

MMARPG game (not to be confused with MMORPG) basically Diablo / Path of Exile with MMO features in the game, otherwise can be played completely solo if you're not interested in the MMO stuff.

Developed by a South Korean firm regionally and became a big hit in Asia, Amazon regionalised and translated it for the West.

Pre-order access came out today and is free to play from Friday (11th) - Can see it going on consoles in the future but PC only for now
Seen a lot of people playing this. Looks good if you like a Diablo type game.

A mate was going on about it for a while, the servers have been a farce for the last week so I didn’t try it until last night as I wasn’t sitting in a 20k queue.

When I did get on I just didn’t really enjoy it so I’ll probably not stick with it.

I feel like a lot of its success is just snowballed hype and word of mouth. It will bleed players very fast

You need alt characters at the absolute end-game content which gives the longevity because the game features "account level" aswell as character level which you need x account level to get y

I said New World would die within 4 weeks and was correct as it was a purchased game with no end-game replayability whereas Lost Ark is a free to play game with a reason to keep playing even at max level, the devs released a 3 year road map for the new stuff which suggests Lost Ark will be similar to Path of Exile which picks up alot at the start of new seasons.

I'm not a massive fan of the game personally, I'm waiting on the Diablo 2 skill revamp and ladder season, but this game definitely isn't another New World.

You need alt characters at the absolute end-game content which gives the longevity because the game features "account level" aswell as character level which you need x account level to get y

I said New World would die within 4 weeks and was correct as it was a purchased game with no end-game replayability whereas Lost Ark is a free to play game with a reason to keep playing even at max level, the devs released a 3 year road map for the new stuff which suggests Lost Ark will be similar to Path of Exile which picks up alot at the start of new seasons.

I'm not a massive fan of the game personally, I'm waiting on the Diablo 2 skill revamp and ladder season, but this game definitely isn't another New World.
At the minute the player count is mostly down to hype. That being said as it’s free to play and there’s plenty to do then it will retain a decent amount of players.

I think I’ll just wait for Diablo 4 for my arpg fix as I prefer that type of game on a console.

It's a absolutely fantastic game.
I played it on the Russian servers for a while and bought the platinum founders pack for EU launch.

However AGS are incompetent morons who are causing so many f***ing issues with a game that's already veen released 3 times.

They really are useless

Been playing a few days on EU West - Moonkeep while mining ice in EvE online.
Reminds me a lot of Path of Exile, not a traditional MMORPG.
I struggle with JRPG style, with male adults that look like children trying to look menacing and having American accents.
Anyone on that server?

Been playing a few days on EU West - Moonkeep while mining ice in EvE online.
Reminds me a lot of Path of Exile, not a traditional MMORPG.
I struggle with JRPG style, with male adults that look like children trying to look menacing and having American accents.
Anyone on that server?
Just started last night for a few hours.

Still in Loghill but enjoying it. I’m not really too used to this genre of game. Played a bit Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2 back when they were released. I just wish more was voice acted and at a better standard. I understand why it wasn’t but I get sick of bloody reading! Other than that it’s very polished.

Last edited:

Back