Losing the fans

Stuart Donald’s biggest problem is he dropped the ball big time when he had the chance for a clean slate managerial appointment that would of galvanised the squad and fans alike...just as it was in 2006 and the place just snowballed into the juggernaut that would finish the league In style....instead he went for the cheapest and uninspired choice out of the lot that would leave the place flatlining when it should of been the jolt it required, he’s made his decision but it’s going to cost a hell of a lot of money to sort this shit shower out in January
But, which manager who you think would have been a great option would come to us?

My heart says Keane with Philips Would of put sunderland back on the map with a welcome boost........
Head says Nigel Pearson and Philips would be a all round excellent appointment to move the club forward

Nigel Pearson would never come here when we are in league 1

Phillips although unproven would have been a popular choice and i'd rather he gave it a go as an unknown than Phil Parkinson as a known shitshow

This is the least interested I have been as a Sunderland fan. Even during the 15 and 19pt season and the double relegation I felt something. It's not nice going to matches when it's been defeat after defeat and you feel down afterwards but not feeling anything even after a win is pretty strange. I guess it's just so difficult to adjust to being in League One and now (apart from Tranmere) looking less than ordinary most weeks. The lack of ambition and being told our expectations are too high has took it's toll. Pretty much everyone who still goes who I got with are feeling near enough the same.

As a side note my mental health has been poor the last few months and I acknowledge that probably plays a part in how I feel, but in the past the football was always a good distraction now it's nothing. Still only missed the cup games mind out of habit.

I did go thanks, and you are talking shite, there’s a difference between playing shite and and not giving a shit
I agree with you it’s not about players trying and not trying, it’s a case of the just not good enough and poor level of players even to get us promoted from this division. We are getting worse.

Donald and Co need to make a statement on how they plan to stop this slide into oblivion. I’m sure the lift situation is important to them, however I’m more concerned where the next win is coming from and what plans they have for the squad in January. The players look like they can’t be arsed, maybe when attendances start to fall then that might spring the owners into action.
Into action and do what exactly?

This is the least interested I have been as a Sunderland fan. Even during the 15 and 19pt season and the double relegation I felt something. It's not nice going to matches when it's been defeat after defeat and you feel down afterwards but not feeling anything even after a win is pretty strange. I guess it's just so difficult to adjust to being in League One and now (apart from Tranmere) looking less than ordinary most weeks. The lack of ambition and being told our expectations are too high has took it's toll. Pretty much everyone who still goes who I got with are feeling near enough the same.

As a side note my mental health has been poor the last few months and I acknowledge that probably plays a part in how I feel, but in the past the football was always a good distraction now it's nothing. Still only missed the cup games mind out of habit.

Hope you are ok mate. Look after yourself. However, we are just utter shit; and are hardly a good distraction to lift the spirits. Take care marra 👍

I agree with you it’s not about players trying and not trying, it’s a case of the just not good enough and poor level of players even to get us promoted from this division. We are getting worse.
That’s my point though that generally the league 1 standard, the other teams are poor aswell
You’re always hostile or patronising towards other posters. There’s no need for it.
‘Wrong as usual’? Such as...?
I’m not hostile at all until someone has a go at me just because I don’t whinge about every little thing at how club from the owner to the tea lady

Last edited:
We aren’t as bad as people are making out, if we were we would be bottom of the league

We really are as bad as people are making out; surely it doesn’t take being below Southend for you to acknowledge that?

We finished poorly last season, started poorer still this and now that the goodwill and trust afforded the owners has completely evaporated, things are going to get toxic.

Back