Lords

brandon

Striker
I know as a venue and as an event it is the home of cricket and all that, but I can’t stand it. I can’t stand all the stuffiness and the f***ing ceremony about it. Add to the fact we are shite there and there’s f***ing zero atmosphere. Then let’s face it, that slope is an embarrassment - for an elite sporting playing field to have such a slope, it’s shocking quite frankly.

I wouldn’t lose any sleep if it never had another Test match there again.

Beautiful ground though ;) would recommend the Tour to anyone too.

Yep why they have to have two tests of a series in London, I don’t know, should be taking them around the country.

All this MCC bullshit is bollocks too.

Them stripped jackets look horrendous as well.

It’s just pompous bollocks.

Thing is what makes Lords the icon it is are things like the Slope, MCC buffoons bedecked in the colours of some Victorian gin distiller (crack baron nowadays) that saved the MCC from going bust, virtually being impossible to join the MCC unless you went to the same school, or have the same parentage, as the likes of Boris Johnson and similar obnoxious, boring shithouses. Even if you did become a member and wanted to watch a Test (or any other game) from the MCC Members Pavilion you would have to turn up in formal dress, which funnily enough, includes the MCC regalia. If thats not Fancy Dress what is? Lords to me is an eccentric English institution where, oddly enough, every cricketer world wide wants to have their name up on the honours board. Hence its the Home of Cricket.

Absolutely agree.
I actually quite like the Oval. I mean it's a big stadium but I wouldn't call it pretentious - especially when you see the shite colour of the seats. Good cricket grounds have to have a bit of shite somewhere.

I know as a venue and as an event it is the home of cricket and all that, but I can’t stand it. I can’t stand all the stuffiness and the f***ing ceremony about it. Add to the fact we are shite there and there’s f***ing zero atmosphere. Then let’s face it, that slope is an embarrassment - for an elite sporting playing field to have such a slope, it’s shocking quite frankly.

Agree. Elitist twats in stripey ties drinking champers and applauding both teams.

The slope and fairy ring problem would see a 'lesser ground' taken off the roster.

My preference is really where produces the best cricket matches. The pitch at lords is really poor, very slow and not much carry. Faster pitches are invariably more entertaining in all formats of the game, therefore my preference will always be for places like Trent bridge. Think the game is the most important thing and faster pitches usually produce better games and at the end of the day that’s why we’re all watching/attending

My preference is really where produces the best cricket matches. The pitch at lords is really poor, very slow and not much carry. Faster pitches are invariably more entertaining in all formats of the game, therefore my preference will always be for places like Trent bridge. Think the game is the most important thing and faster pitches usually produce better games and at the end of the day that’s why we’re all watching/attending
If that’s Archer on a slow pitch can’t wait to see him on a quick surface.

Exactly same opinion as me. The oval is a different world in comparison.

Back