Looks like SAFC could be heading for an unplanned Christmas break... literally

And with games being lost due to internationals. Aye let the games pile up, it worked in our favour last season didn't it?
How could the games pile up if we're not playing because Bury and Bolton have been kicked out of the league? It would be a free weekend because there isn't a team to play against. It wouldn't be a free weekend because a match has been postponed and we have to rearrange it.
Do we get the points by default?
No. All results for teams that have played them are cancelled and any points gained are removed.

Last edited:
What a stupid idea that is, what about everyone who played Villa pre-takeover last season?

Or anyone who played a club going through an injury crisis?

The Villa takeover happened in July, before a ball was kicked in the league.

Injury crises happen, but I think that's a bit different to actually not having enough players.

Anyway, I seem to be in a minority (of 1) on this so I'll shurrup.

Just found out that Bolton played a keeper from Burradon FC up here as they didn't have anyone available (apparently Bolton scout associated with them) No f***ing wonder they conceded so many ! Utter shambles fielding a local league player in a L1 game !?!

Pompey's last fixture of the season is against Bury at home. Sitting at home twiddling your thumbs while relying on results from elsewhere will be pretty shit for them. Then again, if they've already qualified for a play off place and extra week off for them.

I hope SAFC sue the FL for the loss of income if the Boxing Day game is postponed. They've been utterly incompetent at best through all of this, should have been sorted before the season started.

Would you be saying that if it were Sunderland in their predicament?

As sad as it is mate, they are making a mockery of the league. Of course, if it were Sunderland I’d be fighting to stay alive, but eventually something has to give.

I’d give them till the end of the month. If it’s not sorted by then, they are removed from the league

As sad as it is mate, they are making a mockery of the league. Of course, if it were Sunderland I’d be fighting to stay alive, but eventually something has to give.

I’d give them till the end of the month. If it’s not sorted by then, they are removed from the league

Has this ever happened before? What would happen with the points from the fixtures in that scenario?

Best time to play Bolton is now while they are in the poo, Bury hope they survive and given where they are now, if they do survive will be relegated, so could be a good 6 points if you want to be cynical.

Its a shambles though and do not want Bury or Bolton out of the league, but EFL will come out unscathed as usual. Not sure why there is not a Fund where premier league clubs contribute so when a club is at critical point it can be saved, another story for another day.

If nowt else it’ll save the hassle of getting to the match n having a couple with NO BASTARD TRAINS, BUSSES OR FECK ALL!:neutral:

Back