Look how clever/hip I am - a worrying trend

Hue Jorgan

Striker
I’ve noticed something over the last few months on here, Some Threads are posted with no context, a lyric from a song not telling us cultural deserts who it’s by, or a movie quote without the movies name. Pictures of people/lasses with no name of who they are, it’s becoming a trend on here, and I wonder why? are we becoming dumber? Or is it folks who like to look clever and hip and if you don’t know you are a dafty?

Is this just here or is it elsewhere I’m curious

I’ve noticed something over the last few months on here, Some Threads are posted with no context, a lyric from a song not telling us cultural deserts who it’s by, or a movie quote without the movies name. Pictures of people/lasses with no name of who they are, it’s becoming a trend on here, and I wonder why? are we becoming dumber? Or is it folks who like to look clever and hip and if you don’t know you are a dafty?

Chill, dude.

I say mooo mooo moooooooo everybody say wayoooohhh.

I’ll bite then.

I posted the first few lyrics from a song I’d listened to a few minutes before, from a band I hadn’t listened to for ages.

I did it to see if anyone else would remember them , nothing more nothing less.

The poster who replied said it brought back fond memories for him.

I’d say that’s a positive.

Only on here could someone turn it into a negative , no one is trying to make anyone look daft or clever .

Ffs.

I was listening to the wireless earlier and they often don’t tell you who the chanter is from the hit parade either 😜
Not after bites, and not angry at all just curious it seems a ‘new’ trend

I was listening to the wireless earlier and they often don’t tell you who the chanter is from the hit parade either 😜
Not after bites, and not angry at all just curious it seems a ‘new’ trend
No. It was one of the things that used to slightly irritate me about Steve Wright when I listened to him on the Radio years ago. He’d play a song, I’d think ‘that’s ok, wonder who it was’ and he’d not say. To the extent I’d start to notice it. It was so noticeable to me that I started wondering if he was trying to make some kind of point.
Something is happening here but you don’t know what it is
Do you, Mr Jones.

No. It was one of the things that used to slightly irritate me about Steve Wright when I listened to him on the Radio years ago. He’d play a song, I’d think ‘that’s ok, wonder who it was’ and he’d not say. To the extent I’d start to notice it. It was so noticeable to me that I started wondering if he was trying to make some kind of point.

Do you, Mr Jones.
If you think thats irritating listen to radio x when this kernt tells you “its me, rich wolfington” between every bastard song.

If you think thats irritating listen to radio x when this kernt tells you “its me, rich wolfington” between every bastard song.

I listen to Radio 4, Radio 4 extra and maybe Radio 2 if I’m in the car. I did it more when I was driving to and from work.

The most radio I listen to is probably Heart, however, which is on when I’m in the changing rooms where I swim 3 times a week. That’s cured me of radio listening. I sometimes unplug the telly that’s tuned to it. Drives me mad

I’ll bite then.

I posted the first few lyrics from a song I’d listened to a few minutes before, from a band I hadn’t listened to for ages.

I did it to see if anyone else would remember them , nothing more nothing less.

The poster who replied said it brought back fond memories for him.

I’d say that’s a positive.

Only on here could someone turn it into a negative , no one is trying to make anyone look daft or clever .

Ffs.
What was the song? Meant to ask

The thread with rock stars..how they looked then/now..i didn't want to see the names straight away..i wanted to try and work it out for myself.

Back