Look at the £ against the Euro

Get yourself a Revolut card (pre-pay € card), and top it up by monthly standing orders each month over the year. Benefits are:
  1. You get a great exchange rate with Revolut
  2. You can spread your holiday money payments over the year, so probably won't notice not having that money
  3. You'll not have to attempt to become a currency trader and "time the market", reducing your worry about getting the best rate
  4. You'll automatically become great at "this sort of thing"
  5. One more thing removed from your "todo" list every year, as it'll never have to appear again
I agree with benefits of revolut but should also state the negative that it offers no FSCS protection.

I agree with benefits of revolut but should also state the negative that it offers no FSCS protection.

Aye.

Revolut's great and always use it for holiday spends but personally wouldn't feel comfortable leaving large amounts on there for an extended period due to the above.

They're taking the piss man. Just like Trump with his announcements about the China trade deals.

Release positive news suggesting soft Brexit, pound and markets go up, release news suggesting No Deal, pound & markets fall. There's serious money being made by those hedge funds given the nod ahead of the announcements.

Supply and demand. Everyone's selling pounds, buying Euros. Pound goes down, Euro goes up.

You often see the opposite effect in September.

That is absolutely bollox unless you mean 1 cent or so - I worked on putting a system into a German Bank in London and testing it, nearly all transactions were speculative and dwarfed the amount of trade & tourism. Even in the middle of winter we had to work in a chilled control centre.

About $7trillion a day is traded, what you will find is the price you buy & sell at varies as at lower volumes this has got to be wider.

Back