Look at the £ against the Euro

Is it worth getting some euros now? Wife is going away June or should I wait?

crap at this sort of thing like, so any advice? Oh and how you get the good rates, quick check online for holiday money doesn't have the 1.20 rates anywhere
Get yourself a Revolut card (pre-pay € card), and top it up by monthly standing orders each month over the year. Benefits are:
  1. You get a great exchange rate with Revolut
  2. You can spread your holiday money payments over the year, so probably won't notice not having that money
  3. You'll not have to attempt to become a currency trader and "time the market", reducing your worry about getting the best rate
  4. You'll automatically become great at "this sort of thing"
  5. One more thing removed from your "todo" list every year, as it'll never have to appear again

Get yourself a Revolut card (pre-pay € card), and top it up by monthly standing orders each month over the year. Benefits are:
  2. You can spread your holiday money payments over the year, so probably won't notice not having that money
  3. You'll not have to attempt to become a currency trader and "time the market", reducing your worry about getting the best rate
  5. One more thing removed from your "todo" list every year, as it'll never have to appear again

Thank you that's great.

Its my father in law, got my wife a holiday and spends for xmas ( he got an unexpected win fall lucky bugger ) so never really looked into this sort of thing before, will pass this info on to her as it will help loads cheers!

The metropolitan Liberal Boris at the helm, BRINO getting done, the pound soaring and the ERG being told to fuck off.

This is tremendous.

B:cool:ris

Is it worth getting some euros now? Wife is going away June or should I wait?

crap at this sort of thing like, so any advice? Oh and how you get the good rates, quick check online for holiday money doesn't have the 1.20 rates anywhere
This:

Suggests it'll rise steadily until May then start to fall. Fuck knows how they work it out!

This:

Suggests it'll rise steadily until May then start to fall. Fuck knows how they work it out!
Ne’er cast a clout until May is out.
That’s a great idea, we are going to do this for a holiday next year.

Does a revolut card have any inactivity charges please? We would be adding monthly but won’t use it until July.

Last edited:
Thank you I shall order one.

I've had one for 3 years now, they're brilliant. Going to India in January and you can use them over there instead of cash in most places and the exchange rate is better than you'd get with cash.
Is there much of a difference between revolut and something like fairfx?

I've got both and revolut is better.

Back