Long Haul Taxi Journeys

I think the furthest north you can get a direct National Express to Gatwick from (bypassing London) is Milton Keynes Expressway (just off the motorway). Departures at 01:10 (arr 04:15), 03:30 (arr 06:20) or 04:00 (arr 07:10) according to their website.

Not knarr anyone who'll drop you off there for a couple of hundred sheets? 3-4 hours NE to MK so could leave at midnight(ish).

A group of us might need to get from the NE to Gatwick for a 10am flight (so 8am check-in) and overnight trains and buses don't seem to be throwing up many options.

Do people know of any companies that specialize in long haul taxi-type journeys? I was thinking that if there's a few of us it might not work out too pricey but I don't know where to get a price.
If any of you run a decent motor get someone put on as a temporary additional driver and get an unemployed /retired mate to run you down for £100.

Trying to absolutely minimise the time away from home mate as I'm going away with mates (WI).

The Newcastle overnight direct bus would have been spot on but it gets in at 0830 which is an hour too late.

I have a young family mate, so I can see where you are coming from, but ulimately will a few more hours make a difference? There is a train that departs Newcastle for KX at 9.15pm. Would that not give you enough time to get sorted etc?

If you just need one taxi, you might be able to get one for £400, but given the time you will be traveling, I can’t see many drivers doing it cheaply

Here’s an idea, next time why not plan all this out before booking the flight and we can all read interesting threads instead?

I bet you could have flown from Manchester. At a decent time.

A couple in St Lucia claimed to have flown from Manchester but we certainly didnt find any flights in a search.

If they do occasionally, I think it may be via Gatwick anyhow.

You use an indirect flight, ie Newcastle to Belfast then Belfast to Gatwick costs around £62 each on Ryanair. Hopefully you will choose a day they are not on strike,

Alternatively try Megabus and have a bed on the bus to London then a seat to Gatwick.

Or get the train as late as possible and stay at the Gatwick Yotel. I think that would be around the cheapest alternative.

On a technical point of law, can you be raped once you’re dead? You’re in no position to grant or deny consent.

I think necrophilia is an offence.

A couple in St Lucia claimed to have flown from Manchester but we certainly didnt find any flights in a search.

If they do occasionally, I think it may be via Gatwick anyhow.

There's a Manchester flight aye but it didn't work out as well for us.

Cheers to the genuine fellas offering advice - confirmed what I suspected about travel.

Back