Long Haul Taxi Journeys

NorthCountryBoy

Striker
Staff member
A group of us might need to get from the NE to Gatwick for a 10am flight (so 8am check-in) and overnight trains and buses don't seem to be throwing up many options.

Do people know of any companies that specialize in long haul taxi-type journeys? I was thinking that if there's a few of us it might not work out too pricey but I don't know where to get a price.

A group of us might need to get from the NE to Gatwick for a 10am flight (so 8am check-in) and overnight trains and buses don't seem to be throwing up many options.

Do people know of any companies that specialize in long haul taxi-type journeys? I was thinking that if there's a few of us it might not work out too pricey but I don't know where to get a price.
Fly

Come down the night before and stay in an airport hotel? If you’re going on holiday, surely you can spend an extra £50 on a room?

Come down the night before and stay in an airport hotel? If you’re going on holiday, surely you can spend an extra £50 on a room?

Trying to absolutely minimise the time away from home mate as I'm going away with mates (WI).

National express.

The Newcastle overnight direct bus would have been spot on but it gets in at 0830 which is an hour too late.

I'd hire a car if I didn't want to pay for a hotel the night before,but the latter is the sensible thing to do.

Hiring a car costs next to nothing these days. Just if you do,check for maximum milage conditions in the agreement as I'd imagine,driving to Gatwick,you'd break them.

If it was less than £75 each it might not be much more expensive than the other options. But I haven't a clue what's out there or if such a service exists at remotely affordable rates.
I would expect it to be double that - as the driver needs to get home and will include all sorts of multipliers.

Just go down night before and get cheap hotel

Wher you flying to?

Enterprise do reasonable one way car hire if you take that option

Hitchhike, one or more of you may end up raped and/or murdered (not necessarily in that order) though but look on the bright side it’s a 1 in 4 chance,
Can’t you arrest them in Sunderland, take them to Croydon nick and let the out at 6am due to insufficient evidence?

Back