Long Covid

• Thread starter Deleted member 31333
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 31333

Has anyone experienced this/think they have and if so did it improve upon getting the first vaccine?

It would also be interesting to know what symptoms you have suffered if so and if you’ve been able to counter them in anyway. I’ve went from training 5 times a week and being in the best condition of my life to barely managing any exercise without it knocking me for six. A lot of fatigue, sweating, frequent headaches, nausea, abdominal pain, back pain, rib pain etc anarl. It has been brutal three month (if that is what it is).

Last edited by a moderator:

Has anyone experienced this/think they have and if so did it improve upon getting the first vaccine?

It would also be interesting to know what symptoms you have suffered if so and if you’ve been able to counter them in anyway. I’ve went from training 5 times a week and being in the best condition of my life to barely managing any exercise without it knocking me for six. A lot of fatigue, sweating, frequent headaches, nausea, abdominal pain, back pain, rib pain etc anarl. It has been brutal three month (if that is what it is).

If you think though that it could be something other than long Covid, make sure you see your GP. My Aunty was told she had long Covid for about 5 months despite never testing positive. Eventually got bloods taken by GP. Urgent referral to oncology. Dead 19 days later. Close family friend in a similar situation.

If you think though that it could be something other than long Covid, make sure you see your GP. My Aunty was told she had long Covid for about 5 months despite never testing positive. Eventually got bloods taken by GP. Urgent referral to oncology. Dead 19 days later. Close family friend in a similar situation.
Cheers mate, sorry to hear about your Aunty that is really rough.
How old are you - if you don't mind me asking?
26. I’ve had my blood pressure etc done and it came back normal. My resting heart rate was 55 anarl I was buzzing :lol:

Have you been to the doctors about it ?
I’ve spoken to the GP twice mate. I feel like they’re just trying to rattle through the phone appointments as they’re getting so many.

First time when I said I was wiped out, joint pain, chest/rib pain etc they just said I’d probably pulled an intercostal muscle and to take some painkillers and I’d be sound in afew weeks so I did. I got worse so rang them back with new symptoms; ‘Ah it’s probably just from the painkillers etc’ so gave me something else to take for four weeks which didn’t help. I thought I was improving for a week or so after coming off them but evidentially not. I’m booked in for my vaccine and I’ve read that it can help people improve so I’m waiting until after then before I go back again as the full process is just a fob off imo.

i didn’t notice any difference after my 1st vacc. In fact my taste & smell issues seem to get worse for several weeks.

Symptoms for 12 months or so including intermittent breathlessness, nausea, headaches, aches & pains, taste & smell probs, fatigue & problems sleeping at times.

There are long covid clinics / services now i believe, worth pushing GP to refer to one (although i’ve not done it yet)

Not the sweating, pains etc but fitness levels were awful for a good six months after Covid, just knackered all the time.

I'm 51 and I've never been as unfit in my life. I had Covid in October. Before the first lockdown I could mange xfit sessions no bother and could generally lift or pull the stack on most machines in the gym.
Since the gyms have reopened I cannot manage xfit at all and struggle with half the amounts of weight I used to.
I'm also constantly knackered, sleep terribly and seem to have brain fog.
I've had both jabs.

Last edited:
I've not have covid but am concerned about long covid because my wife developed fibromyalgia 25 years ago as a result of a viral infection. It affected the level of neurotransmitters produced in her brain. The result is she feels chronic pain all over the body and brain fog. She also experiences chronic fatigue but on the scale between chronic fatigue and chronic pain she is closer to the chronic pain end, hence fibromyalgia rather than chronic fatigue syndrome. Some of the symptoms of long covid sound very similar to fibromyalgia and I wondered how many have had long covid but fully recovered.

I posted similar about a week ago.

I’ve had a small cough that I can’t shake. I tried working out but feels like I have glass in my lungs.
walking up the stairs has me feeling dizzy with exhaustion.
I get vertigo often.
My nose tingles a lot

I tested positive the end of March. Took about a week to recover. So I’ve had these symptoms since then

I’ve spoken to the GP twice mate. I feel like they’re just trying to rattle through the phone appointments as they’re getting so many.

If it's anything like my GP it feels like they are trying to get out of as much work as possible; it was going this way before Covid and this has been the excuse to speed it up. Point blank refusing to see patients face to face and dishing out drugs on request based on completing an online form.

All hidden behind #bekind if anyone dares challenges the process.

I got Covid in March last year,got hit pretty hard at the time, i'm 49 now, at the time i would say i was pretty active, not the fittest. Even to this day my chest aches/hurts, back hurts, get breathless pretty easily but it's a lot better than it used to be. Had both jabs now can't say they improved it, more steady away and diet is my road to recovery i believe. Either way i'm grateful for the good days.

Last edited:
I got Covid in March last year,got hit pretty hard at the time, i'm 49 now, at the time i would say i was pretty active, not the fittest. Even to this day my chest aches/hurts, back hurts, get breathless pretty easily but it's a lot better than it used to be. Had both jabs now can't say they improved it, more steady away and diet is my road to recovery i believe. Either way i'm grateful for the good days.
I’m pleased you’re feeling better.
that’s bad news that it’s taking that long and that the vaccine didn’t really help with the symptoms.
I’m still suffering and really struggling at work. It’s an active job so I’m constantly out of breath and tired

I’m pleased you’re feeling better.
that’s bad news that it’s taking that long and that the vaccine didn’t really help with the symptoms.
I’m still suffering and really struggling at work. It’s an active job so I’m constantly out of breath and tired
I'm all for getting back to normal mate, if there is a normal anymore, i guess Covid just hits some people harder than others.Sorry to hear you're still struggling too, today is a shit day for me too

I have long covid mate. Got covid in January had real bad cough for 2 month. Still off work and got referred to clinic 4 weeks ago. Have had phone interview with a doc now got appointments with hospital. Had breathlessness since Feb and wrecked if doing anything strenuous. Other symptoms I had is brain fog and stomach problems. Hope u get sorted

I have long covid mate. Got covid in January had real bad cough for 2 month. Still off work and got referred to clinic 4 weeks ago. Have had phone interview with a doc now got appointments with hospital. Had breathlessness since Feb and wrecked if doing anything strenuous. Other symptoms I had is brain fog and stomach problems. Hope u get sorted
You too mate.

Back