London to Sunlun

Train every time.

No car to worry about parking once you're there and drops you off right in central London (unlike flying which isn't massively faster than a train taking account the entire journey).

Last edited:
Train every time.

No car to worry about parking once you're there and drops you off right in central London (unlike flying which isn't massively faster than a train taking account the entire journey).

Depends on where you are going in London. I think if I was going to Central London for whatever reason then train is a no-brainer. I couldn't have the worry of driving on unfamiliar roads not knowing where the hell I am going. That is my big worry going around London by car. The advantage of going by train is the train goes from Newcastle to almost anywhere I am sure there is loads of mainline stations in London. London City Airport is the only airport that is located directly in the city. Though I am sure there is good connection from Stanstead and Heathrow. In both cases though you probably will end up spending an awful lot get there. The car is free.

But since the invention of JustPark founded in 2006 it is possible to not have the concern of driving in to Central London. The Tube or the DLR is a rail service in the capital that is far more widespread.

I suppose it is possible to link a location that you need to be at by the nearest tube station and line (i.e. Jubilee, Picadilly) to it's locality. Then find a location on the line that you can access by car that is far enough away from London to not need to go into London. Using the JustPark app search for addresses that offer a good price for staying the day's you need to be away for that is close to the station.

So last year when I drove to London for the play-off final I never thought about actually parking at the stadium. I simply used the JustPark app to find an address in Stanmore which is the furthest on the Jubilee line to Wembley Park station.

Back