London to Sunlun

In what world is the train shite man. :lol: Stick your headphones on and enjoy a few drinks. You can even go for a walk to stretch your legs if you need to. It's the best way to travel.

This. The only issue is its generally a rip off.

Used to love a Thursday night train home that work were paying for, drinking and enjoying a book.

Train is horrendous. Avoid.

Best way to travel, imho.

The cost in UK is ridiculous mind.
It's expensive, minging and last time I was on it the police had to get on to stop squaddies fighting. Its dreadful. I'd rather drive and I hate doing that drive too.

I think you were just unlucky. No chance would I do the drive unless I needed a car at the other end or had a car full.
In what world is the train shite man. :lol: Stick your headphones on and enjoy a few drinks. You can even go for a walk to stretch your legs if you need to. It's the best way to travel.

I agree apart from the headphones. I have had some great conversations with people over the years.
This. The only issue is its generally a rip off.

Used to love a Thursday night train home that work were paying for, drinking and enjoying a book.

A few cans and work paying for the trip is always good.

Last edited:
Someone I know recently bought a London to Peterborough return and a darlo to Newcastle return. Booked their seat through lner website for the whole journey. Once thru the barriers they aren't doing ticket checks at this moment in time due to covid so loads cheaper they said.

Obviously it's against the railway bylaw to do that and you could face a fine. I'd never condone this type of behaviour being a railway worker.

Do you not have your staff Rail Network Leisure Travel Pass?
Never used mine this year, wife works for a rail company

Back