London levy to hit 1m drivers.

I had two, the only time I missed a car was when I came up north to visit family, that was a bit of a clart on. but other than that, it was never an issue and unlike you, that only has to carry a pen to work, I had power tools and a big fuck off bag of hand tools.
Makes sense. Never had to pick up or drop off the kids at nursery.

Rome and Paris are £1 for any length journey on the underground. How much in London??
My round trip is about a tenner

The “ultra low emission zone” fee of £12.50 a day is expected to raise up to £1.5bn a year compared to the congestion charge which raises £230m. The money raised will go to Transport for London. Almost all petrol and diesel cars built before September 2015 will be afffected.

Good thing?

Our second car is a 55 plate and wont be affected.

Governments decision to freeze it so that people don't see a rise at the pump. It should be going up. We're all paying to subside drivers.

Why should it be going up though? Keeping it the same is not a subsidy man :lol:
Imagine if no-one drove - it would be like the middle-ages.

Isn't enough. The sooner a road user charge is brought in that is based on time or distance travelled the better.
If any of this was to do with the environment they would just ban cars altogether from certain parts of the capital. That would solve the issue overnight

However this is a money generating scheme and it cant be dressed up any other way.

If any of this was to do with the environment they would just ban cars altogether from certain parts of the capital. That would solve the issue overnight

However this is a money generating scheme and it cant be dressed up any other way.

Sadly this is the truth. You can barely move and your health is being compromised.

Imagine a tradesman jumping off a bus outside your house carrying all his gear, coming to do some graft for you :lol:
Used to be the case in London mate, you either got a taxi in the first day, or took your tools in has and when, if you worked in the centre of the city, there's no way you could park a car there.

Makes sense. Never had to pick up or drop off the kids at nursery.
No, my wife did that, she stayed at home and looked after the bairns, we thought it was better that way, they got time with at least one parent and they walked to nursery and school once they were old enough.

Last edited:
Khan would be booted out of office. No one is going to make a mental decision like that.
Its not mental. It achieves what you point out in your posts. Get people out of cars and take responsibility for the environment. Making people pay wont stop them from driving whilst continuing to pollute as they do now

If this levy is intended to reduce emissions in London as is described then this is the only true way. You have to find ways to adapt. If this is disguised as environmental policy but in reality is a income generator then they should flog Khan publically for it.

We all know the true answer of course

Back