London its a dump

You don't need loads of money, there's plenty to do even if you're on a tight budget.

That's a hell of walk!

I usually do Hackney to Islington via the Olympic Park up the same stretch of canal.

Some really picturesque parts on route.
Love walking in whatever city I am in, you get a better understanding of the place, people and lifestyle.
Did a lot of walking in London at the weekend, mainly the City and South Bank.
On Saturday I was in the National Gallery, Free, viewing a Bottecelli when a lad on here came through with a ticket for the play off.
Ruebens will have to wait.

Love walking in whatever city I am in, you get a better understanding of the place, people and lifestyle.
Did a lot of walking in London at the weekend, mainly the City and South Bank.
On Saturday I was in the National Gallery, Free, viewing a Bottecelli when a lad on here came through with a ticket for the play off.
Ruebens will have to wait.
The rental bikes are cheap as chips and a superb way to see the capital. So is the tames clipper.

The rental bikes are cheap as chips and a superb way to see the capital. So is the tames clipper.
Love using the boats to up and down the river but won't trust myself of a bike.
The centre of London has certainly improved over the last 20 year, when you visit towns around the UK there is plenty of 'levelling up' needed.

Love using the boats to up and down the river but won't trust myself of a bike.
The centre of London has certainly improved over the last 20 year, when you visit towns around the UK there is plenty of 'levelling up' needed.
You can cycle from Tower Hill all the way to Kensington High Street these days without having to share the road with any motor traffic. It's a really lovely cycle as well, rivals any cycle route in any city.

Just follow the cycleway along the Thames, then up via Parliament, pass by Buckingham Palace, along Green Park, over to Hyde Park then dock yourself outside the park at the other end. It's about a 35 minute cycle at a leisurely pace, which is a touch quicker than the tube, plus you get to see a ton of London's landmarks up close (Tower of London, most of the bridges, London Eye, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace etc).

I'd recommend it to anyone like, it's a brilliant way to see the city and zero stress as you're never on the road with cars.

You can cycle from Tower Hill all the way to Kensington High Street these days without having to share the road with any motor traffic. It's a really lovely cycle as well, rivals any cycle route in any city.

Just follow the cycleway along the Thames, then up via Parliament, pass by Buckingham Palace, along Green Park, over to Hyde Park then dock yourself outside the park at the other end. It's about a 35 minute cycle at a leisurely pace, which is a touch quicker than the tube, plus you get to see a ton of London's landmarks up close (Tower of London, most of the bridges, London Eye, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace etc).

I'd recommend it to anyone like, it's a brilliant way to see the city and zero stress as you're never on the road with cars.
I'd feel relatively comfortable cycling in most of London now. 20 years ago not a chance

Locked in my house half of Sunday mind as ride London comes past.. 20,000 cyclists doing a 100 mile route

And Saturday half of Epping closed off as the woman's world championship has a stage finish in the town

Last edited:

Back