London Flooding

Developing story but is looking absolutely shocking.

Just seen they have had 10 Centimeters of rain in some areas in the last hour, which is about the normal average for the whole of June and July put together. Due to go on to 9 PM across London so could well get worse over the next few hours

On the plus side, there is no need to shower with the dog as you can just put it out in the garden.

Doesn't look half as bad as the floods we had up here in 2012 and there wasn't emergency services arl ower the place then.
Worst rain I've ever seen that. Once in a 100 year storm they reckon. Mental, was stuck on the coast road at Heaton for about 6 hrs that night.
Just aswell 90% live in shiity flats then.. The communal bins will be floating all owa.

Last edited:
Developing story but is looking absolutely shocking.

Just seen they have had 10 Centimeters of rain in some areas in the last hour, which is about the normal average for the whole of June and July put together. Due to go on to 9 PM across London so could well get worse over the next few hours

Can't wait to get to work on the River Lea floodplain in the morning. Maybe I should take my wellies

Hasn’t rained that much where I am in Havering today but we had a tornado and severe flooding in June which all happened while we were out in Hackney where there wasn’t a drop of rain. Getting odd how extreme the weather can be only 10 or so mile away.

Doesn't look half as bad as the floods we had up here in 2012 and there wasn't emergency services arl ower the place then.

During the Euros wasn’t it? Finished graft in Newcastle and popped in to watch Germany v Italy (Balotelli double?) at the Hancock just as the rain came in. Pure chaos ensued. No Metros, buses or taxis so we just kept going til someone would take us back over the bridge. Think someone finally picked us up from The Cut about 3am, battered.

Just been out watering the garden. We got a text from Severn Trent on Thursday saying don’t water the plants as it was going to rain all weekend.

Not a drop has fallen since.

Back