London congestion charge.. death of the diesel car

I was listening to questions put to Sadiq Khan regarding the black cabs, the bloke hasn't got a clue.
Donald Trump was spot on about him.

Yeah basically anything after 2016 and some before, Euro 6 I think. I just think, in the UK, the day of the diesel is gone and Diesel engines don't like EGR and Ad blu (Or the Ad Blu delivery system at least)
I've got a 2016 euro 6 diesel and touch wood, up to now, all I have to do is add adblue every 7000 miles or so.

I've got a 2016 euro 6 diesel and touch wood, up to now, all I have to do is add adblue every 7000 miles or so.
My experience of ad blu is with trucks which have been using it since 2013 ish there are some horror stories about, Technology is obviously moving on. I also keep cars till the death current one has 95000 miles on and would have kept it longer if it were allowed into London. Also fancying a VW Golf and am a bit nervous of their diesels after the new software updates.

Likely to happen in other cities - Birmingham, Sheffield, Oxford and a few others were mentioned on the radio this morning. In some cases, it may be commercial vehicles only.
Absolutely no good reason to be driving a car through the middle of Oxford tbh, there's park and rides in every direction.

Quite a bit of the city centre, aside from being gridlocked to fuck, has awful air pollution, exceeding legal limits. What people don't realise is that air pollution is responsible for almost as many excess deaths in the UK every year as smoking so doing something is way overdue.

A lot of central London has free parking at the weekend, might be worth checking out where you're heading. You'll have to pay for the Friday afternoon and Monday morning though.

Going down between Christmas and New Year to take the bairn to Winter Wonderland, looking at staying Premier Inn Earls Court for tube access, but their website for that hotel suggests parking at the Marriott or Holiday Inn for £35 per night and the nearest NCP has got absolutely terrible reviews.

Going down between Christmas and New Year to take the bairn to Winter Wonderland, looking at staying Premier Inn Earls Court for tube access, but their website for that hotel suggests parking at the Marriott or Holiday Inn for £35 per night and the nearest NCP has got absolutely terrible reviews.
Thought about staying in Watford and taking the overground in when needed? It's only 20 mins or so on some trains.

Thought about staying in Watford and taking the overground in when needed? It's only 20 mins or so on some trains.

I've not looked at Watford specifically, main reason I'm looking central is we went last year and stayed at Harrow, which we've used for Wembley, however with a little one in a buggy it wasn't so easy, no step-free access so lumping the buggy up and down the steps etc, also if we are only a few stops away we can do as many trips back to the hotel as is needed (ideally not many but with a 3 year old you never know). Will look at Watford though, cheers.

I've not looked at Watford specifically, main reason I'm looking central is we went last year and stayed at Harrow, which we've used for Wembley, however with a little one in a buggy it wasn't so easy, no step-free access so lumping the buggy up and down the steps etc, also if we are only a few stops away we can do as many trips back to the hotel as is needed (ideally not many but with a 3 year old you never know). Will look at Watford though, cheers.
Check to make sure but I think Wembley is step free and is close on the tube with cheap parking.

£87.50* a week if you live in London after 2021. The rich will buy new cars. The poor won't and therefore will be hit by this tax the hardest. And it won't really lessen traffic in London and if it does it will likely end up on the M25 which is already chocca.

*Approx £4500 pa
Oh look the price of a rail season ticket to travel into London from Gravesend. (or thereabouts). effectively making motoring as a way of commuting to work less of a financial incentive by actually charging you the same as it would to use the train, this artificially making people move to an over crowded transport service. Id always thought the idea was to price public transport to make it an affordable alternative to the car WITHOUT this tax.

If you go with Watford let me know. Can tell you a place to park your car for free about five mins walk from Watford Junction station.

Back