London Climate Disruption

"What about your emissions flying all the way across here forr this demonstration?"

Emma Thompson "Yes, but I plant a lot of trees"

"Would you cobsider flying standard class to help cut down on your carbon foot print?

Emma Thompson "bloody hell, no"

Brilliant :lol:

Out of interest where have you got your science from?

Well, it's wise to always have an inquiring mind, but in respect of something I don't know much about personally, given the choice between the overwhelming majority of people who have spent their adult lives researching the subject, and having that research subject to critical peer review within the scientific community on the one hand, and anonymous letter writers to local newspapers, call me crazy, but I'll go with the people who know what they're talking about.

Rewind to when the overwhelming weight of scientific opinion was that smoking carried a high risk of lung cancer, there was still people paid for the tobacco industry and cranks motivated by politics or self-interest who argued bitterly that it was wrong. I think we're seeing something very similar now.

"What about your emissions flying all the way across here forr this demonstration?"

Emma Thompson "Yes, but I plant a lot of trees"

"Would you cobsider flying standard class to help cut down on your carbon foot print?

Emma Thompson "bloody hell, no"

Brilliant :lol:
How would flying standard class cut her carbon footprint ?

She'd still be flying. In the same plane, but in a different seat.

What a f***ing idiotic question that was.

Well, it's wise to always have an inquiring mind, but in respect of something I don't know much about personally, given the choice between the overwhelming majority of people who have spent their adult lives researching the subject, and having that research subject to critical peer review within the scientific community on the one hand, and anonymous letter writers to local newspapers, call me crazy, but I'll go with the people who know what they're talking about.

Rewind to when the overwhelming weight of scientific opinion was that smoking carried a high risk of lung cancer, there was still people paid for the tobacco industry and cranks motivated by politics or self-interest who argued bitterly that it was wrong. I think we're seeing something very similar now.
My point is people seem to jump on the bandwagon without having any real idea about what they're talking about. This goes for people who take scientific opinion as fact, as well has people who believe shit read in newspapers etc. I've got a better understanding of the subject than the vast majority of people yet wouldn't claim to be an expert that knew anything for sure.

Our knowledge of the subject is still young and there are a multitude of forces, both natural and man made at work here. All the information that you see in the media is biased and unbalanced. You see 'hottest days on record's etc but records have been kept for just over a century.

The bit at the end man.

"I won't stand for that, I won't stand for anything else"

*Immediately stands up*
*Flounces off"

:lol::lol::lol:
They're all so special.
Logon or register to see this image

I love it when kids have a reason to get out of bed. Frightens the crap out of the establishment.
These lot are mostly middle aged and OAP poshies with too much time on their hands, who are acting out their teen rebellious streak (that mummy and daddy didn't approve of and so they repressed it for 40 years), in the most beige way possible.

Last edited:
How would flying standard class cut her carbon footprint ?

She'd still be flying. In the same plane, but in a different seat.

What a f***ing idiotic question that was.
Twice/three times as many people can fly standard class, therefore fewer planes. Should be enforced (if we're serious about climate change)

My point is people seem to jump on the bandwagon without having any real idea about what they're talking about. This goes for people who take scientific opinion as fact, as well has people who believe shit read in newspapers etc. I've got a better understanding of the subject than the vast majority of people yet wouldn't claim to be an expert that knew anything for sure.

Our knowledge of the subject is still young and there are a multitude of forces, both natural and man made at work here. All the information that you see in the media is biased and unbalanced. You see 'hottest days on record's etc but records have been kept for just over a century.
Some proper experts on here as normal. Most have the answer about where to stay in the world, best pubs and best pint anywhere you care to mention, oyster cards or contactless. Now they are experts on climate change and timeframes for change.

Back