London Climate Disruption

Plenty in this thread actually. I have no doubt that David Kurten subscribes to it as well, he's up for any right wing mental theory, and that's just going off the last few days of his tweets. I hadn't even heard of the knacker until yesterday.
Are you mixing up climate change and anthropogenic induced climate change?

We don't know for sure what percentage of change is caused by human intervention, so while we're pretty sure it's significant, we don't know to what extent.

Global warming happens quite naturally due to regular long term cycles of the Earth's orbit around the sun, the Earth's tilt and the wobble of its axis and to a lesser extent the occurrence of sun spots.

I agree with this. But I understand their reasons which are to cause as much disruption as possible. They'd be better off blocking motorways or something, Dover maybe.

It's simply a mental idea to say that because someone exists in the 21st century without being a monk they can't care about the environment or protest against vile greed and terrible practices.

Why are you having a go at people on here then? They are inconvenienceing the people who are helping their cause, great way to get people on side.

Why are you having a go at people on here then? They are inconvenienceing the people who are helping their cause, great way to get people on side.

I haven't had a go at anyone who has complained about their day being inconvenienced. Haven't had a go at anyone for that matter!

I haven't had a go at anyone who has complained about their day being inconvenienced. Haven't had a go at anyone for that matter!

Fair few sarky and defensive comments, going on about right wing SMBers.

Clear as day the vast majority (regardless of political persuasion) either don’t agree with what they’ve done or even those with sympathy think they’ve gone about it the entirely wrong way.

No one has yet to give an explanation as to what the protesters specifically want and why they think that they are entitled to use the resources they do and others shouldn't.

Anyone?

China has the worlds biggest renewables industry by far and plants more trees than the rest of the world combined.
Although what they tell the world and what they actually do can be completely different things

Fair few sarky and defensive comments, going on about right wing SMBers.

Clear as day the vast majority (regardless of political persuasion) either don’t agree with what they’ve done or even those with sympathy think they’ve gone about it the entirely wrong way.

There's nothing offensive about sarky or defensive comments man. I've got no intention of being abusive to anyone on here, it's not the kind of person I am.

I don't really care about these protestors if I'm being honest. I think their intentions are honourable, that's about it. They've probably gone about the public transport thing the wrong way but in fairness they've got decent enough reasons for it. It'll be forgotten about by next week by anyone who was inconvenienced.

Although what they tell the world and what they actually do can be completely different things
They've got the Three Gorges Dam for a start that flooded an area of 390, 000 square miles and displaced millions of people which generates massive amounts of electricity. They've planted a massive forest to stop the desert covering Beijing. It's still tiny amounts compared to the amount of coal they burn. In reality it doesn't really make any difference what we do in the big scheme of things.

There's nothing offensive about sarky or defensive comments man. I've got no intention of being abusive to anyone on here, it's not the kind of person I am.

I don't really care about these protestors if I'm being honest. I think their intentions are honourable, that's about it. They've probably gone about the public transport thing the wrong way but in fairness they've got decent enough reasons for it. It'll be forgotten about by next week by anyone who was inconvenienced.
I reckon their intentions are definitely honourable but I don't believe they really know what they want. It's all too vague. They want something done about climate change but they don't know what

Make sure its solar powered
What? A solar powered hedge trimmer couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding?

It's gonna be a full power petrol job that keeps going for hours and she's gonna enjoy it. So what if it raises global temperatures by an extra degree. :D

Back