Logo help needed

TBH if @Roger hadn't stipulated no redesign I would have changed the 'smb' text and ALS logos so that neither had white or black next to the transparent area like this:

Black background:
Logon or register to see this image

White background:

Dropbox file: Dropbox - als logo redesign PNG.png - Simplify your life

When I said "no redesign" I really meant no big changes to it - both of those look good to me, assuming ALS are happy with their logo.

How much is this costing is the important issue? :lol:

Free transfer, I hope - we are in League One now. I am a bit worried about @Slippery Jim 's wage costs falling foul of FFP though.

Last edited:
TBH if @Roger hadn't stipulated no redesign I would have changed the 'smb' text and ALS logos so that neither had white or black next to the transparent area like this:

Black background:

White background:

Excellent use of red and white. If ALS want a red badge you could get rid of the black circle in the original and that would look good too.

Edit: Like this

Last edited:

Black background:

White background:

Those look the clearest design yet I've seen on this thread. Some of the the designs on this thread do lose their clarity. The line 'Sunderland Message Board' is so hard to see on some designs, but are spot on with these designs.

Last edited:
Excellent use of red and white. If ALS want a red badge you could get rid of the black circle in the original and that would look good too.

Edit: Like this

Only problem is that viewing that logo on a white background means you'd lose the white circle around the ALS logo and I think the idea is that the entire logo appears the same regardless of which theme a member chooses.

Only problem is that viewing that logo on a white background means you'd lose the white circle around the ALS logo and I think the idea is that the entire logo appears the same regardless of which theme a member chooses.
Yeah, would have to compensate with a 1 px black stroke around the white circle that would disappear on a dark background. Easier to go with yours.

At least we have plenty of options :D

Back