Logo help needed

I think that's something you'd need to address to @Roger as its a formatting issue with the actual web page.

It is at the left on all devices. It's really a legacy issue which was caused by everyone moving to mobiles and us having to adopt a responsive design that worked on all shapes and sizes of devices.

Originally, there was a banner advert to the right of the logo which filled the space, but obviously on mobile devices there was no longer room to display the advert there, so the ad was removed and placed lower down spanning the full width of the forum.

The logo could be centred, but its not uncommon for websites to have the logo top left, and I have grown used to it being their on RTG as I am sure many other people have. To me it would look strange in the centre now!

I am not ruling out moving it, but there will be enough changes with the next release and I am trying to keep things as familiar as possible for people at the moment.

I've just taken a peek at redcafe.net as I know they have always had a similar layout and design to us, and I see theirs is still on the left too.

It's always tricky getting the design right - it used to be easy, make sure it worked on a reasonable resolution PC screen and that was that. Now we have to make sure it looks okay on TVs, PCs, Tablets and phones, both landscape and portrait modes, and both the site and adverts adapt to all of those devices.

When can we expect the update @Roger ?

I am not sure. Testing of the new stuff is pretty much complete now. But the upgrade is likely to take the best part of a day and the site will be down for that period. There are also bound to be teething problems, so it is a case of arranging it around my availability and also avoiding days when anything important is happening (eg matchdays).

I also need to do another trial-run of a full upgrade process on the test site to make sure I follow all of the correct steps.

This coming Sunday is the earliest possible opportunity for me, but that is by no means a guaranteed date.

It is at the left on all devices. It's really a legacy issue which was caused by everyone moving to mobiles and us having to adopt a responsive design that worked on all shapes and sizes of devices.

Originally, there was a banner advert to the right of the logo which filled the space, but obviously on mobile devices there was no longer room to display the advert there, so the ad was removed and placed lower down spanning the full width of the forum.

The logo could be centred, but its not uncommon for websites to have the logo top left, and I have grown used to it being their on RTG as I am sure many other people have. To me it would look strange in the centre now!

I am not ruling out moving it, but there will be enough changes with the next release and I am trying to keep things as familiar as possible for people at the moment.

I've just taken a peek at redcafe.net as I know they have always had a similar layout and design to us, and I see theirs is still on the left too.

It's always tricky getting the design right - it used to be easy, make sure it worked on a reasonable resolution PC screen and that was that. Now we have to make sure it looks okay on TVs, PCs, Tablets and phones and both the site and adverts adapt to all of those devices.

I am not sure. Testing of the new stuff is pretty much complete now. But the upgrade is likely to take the best part of a day and the site will be down for that period. There are also bound to be teething problems, so it is a case of arranging it around my availability and also avoiding days when anything important is happening (eg matchdays).

I also need to do another trial-run of a full upgrade process on the test site to make sure I follow all of the correct steps.

This coming Sunday is the earliest possible opportunity for me, but that is by no means a guaranteed date.

R:cool:ger

Back