Logan Pye

Only the good things. Like our current good run.
And may that run continue for a long time
Soz Rocko I'll just focus on the last 18 months, we were bigger than Barca before those pesky Fookin Chancers torned up....
So when the new owners come in they're OK to fail because the people before them did?
What a bizarre way of looking at things

Last edited:

They will of tried to encouraged him to stay, but you will find it hard to keep any player when clubs like that come in or them

Unless your 1 of the coaches you dont. My mates son is at the academy and these stories coming out about stuff going on he's never heard anything about it
The parent has posted they made little or no effort to keep him

Only because they played them in the first team at 16 years old. Would you play this lad in the first team now to stop him going to man utd??? It's not weird at all, Southampton were blessed with a diamond in ox, soneone who could play in the first team at that age, and bale in the championship.

what a very weird reply

And may that run continue for a long time

So when the new owners come in they're OK to fail because the people before them did?
What a bizarre way of looking at things

Nope, but thanks to Moyles they have other priorities, they shouldn't be hung drawn and quartered for sins of the fathers...
Appreciate that doesn't feed the need for the opportunistic witch hunt or the apology generation....
Rebuild an academy that's only produced 4 premier league players in 20 years in 18 months, for a team that's been generally shoite for 60 years is feasible izzit?
Was Micky Hazard ever in our youth team? Also, that's 1 example, 40 years ago.

Mackem who slipped through the net when we had a brilliant youth set up before the current regime Fooked it up.....ostensibly....

Last edited:
Nope, but thanks to Moyles they have other priorities, they shouldn't be hung drawn and quartered for sins of the fathers...
Appreciate that doesn't feed the need for the opportunistic witch hunt or the apology generation....
Rebuild an academy that's only produced 4 premier league players in 20 years in 18 months, for a team that's been generally shoite for 60 years is feasible izzit?

Mackem who slipped through the net when we had a brilliant youth set up before the current regime Fooked it up.....ostensibly....
No you're passing off mistakes because others have made them as well. Your whole argument is nonsensical.

I find it all pretty frustrating that these young players are not given a subs role with the first team....Sessengnon Fulham and Bellingham at Brum regularly played as 16 yr olds .... surely if the likes of Man U are after these players then they are good enough to be involved.
Agents and their parents probably see £££££ and ultimately don't care which club they play for....it looks like the draw of a hometown club doesn't exist anymore or loyalty ....ah well watch this space

I know his parents, very good people and the money won't have been an issue, it will be all about the football and the chances to make it, they have 3 lads and they traveled all over to so the 3 lads could play football....

Last edited:

So, he wasn't in our youth team and sold to Tottenham then? Therefore, a completely different scenario to what is currently happening?
You claimed bus loads of players from our youth system used to go elsewhere and have come up with a single example, a couple of generations ago, who didn't

No you're passing off mistakes because others have made them as well. Your whole argument is nonsensical.

Nope.....academy has failed, how did Egan and Hourinhane slip through the net?
So, he wasn't in our youth team and sold to Tottenham then? Therefore, a completely different scenario to what is currently happening?
You claimed bus loads of players from our youth system used to go elsewhere and have come up with a single example, a couple of generations ago, who didn't

Nor I didn't I said bus loads left the NE? Where was our scouting system/brilliant youth set up then?

Nope.....academy has failed, how did Egan and Hourinhane slip through the net?

Nor I didn't I said bus loads left the NE? Where was our scouting system/brilliant youth set up then?

Your initial reply was regarding another player leaving our youth set-up and you were mentioning bus loads of players who were evidently never part of it. An entirely different scenario and completely missing the point of the thread

Your initial reply was regarding another player leaving our youth set-up and you were mentioning bus loads of players who were evidently never part of it. An entirely different scenario and completely missing the point of the thread

The overall theme is that the Don fooked the academy......its been Fooked for 60 years....

Not of the U18 group have gone to other clubs. Movement was all from younger age groups.(Luca always played up an age group at SAFC)

Yes.
They could have spoke to him before they let Liverpool approach.
Give their side first.
Ask those around him who coached him for the past 7years for their thoughts.

Thanks for the responses and and engaging in something that you didn't have to.

I'm still gutted any player moved away, but best of luck to your lad.
Or the realization that if the big boys don't get permission they'll go via the back door...
That's never happened eh?

I wouldn't know for sure. I have no knowledge of that side of football other than rumours or hearsay.

If I had to guess I'd say it happens. What strikes me as odd is that the Academy Director didnt meet the lad with his family and his coaching team and say there has been an approach for you but this is where we see you, what we plan to do to get you there etc.

If you want to meet the other club we will put you in contact but we would love to tell them your not interested.

Tell them the club only if he is going to say he has interest in going.

It just sounds like they did very little to keep the lad.
Obviously I am taken his mams word at face value there.

Last edited:
The overall theme is that the Don fooked the academy......its been Fooked for 60 years....

Your points were completely unrelated to the Academy.
A couple of years before "The Don" as you ludicrously call him arrived our junior side reached a European final and has produced several top level players over the past decade so no, it was fucked

Your points were completely unrelated to the Academy.
A couple of years before "The Don" as you ludicrously call him arrived our junior side reached a European final and has produced several top level players over the past decade so no, it was fucked

Glad you agree....produced 2 top players who have benefitted Sunlun financially....that's it sweetie....

Thanks for the responses and and engaging in something that you didn't have to.

I'm still gutted any player moved away, but best of luck to your lad.

I wouldn't know for sure. I have no knowledge of that side of football other than rumours or hearsay.

If I had to guess I'd say it happens. What strikes me as odd is that the Academy Director didnt meet the lad with his family and his coaching team and say there has been an approach for you but this is where we see you, what we plan to do to get you there etc.

If you want to meet the other club we will put you in contact but we would love to tell them your not interested.

Tell them the club only if he is going to say he has interest in going.

It just sounds like they did very little to keep the lad.
Obviously I am taken his mams word at face value there.

Can't speak for either but it appears once a big klerb is in a chain of events starts which is very difficult to derail....
How many kids will turn down the opportunity to play for the top 6?

The parent has posted they made little or no effort to keep him
This is the absolute key. She clearly has no axe to grind and appears surprised that the club were happy for the chat to go on between her son and Liverpool and did nothing to try to make him stay - she suggests that the club could have potentially got him to stay although he is very happy to have made the move. It appears that a whole generation of potential is being shipped out and the club is happy for this to happen. When it comes from parents who are Sunderland fans then we need to be concerned. What they say publicly and what they do behind close doors appears to be very different.

Back