Logan Pye

I don’t know what the figure was.
The compensation is supposed to follow set figures from PL, which is based on clubs category, length of time at academy.
With certain add ons if they’ve represented their countries etc.
The Bellingham figure, can only assume he goes into a different category as he’s already played first team football..🤷🏻‍♀️
Without prying too much it appears that you and your son and very happy with the move and Liverpool's set up etc. which is totally understandable - they are probably the top club in the world at the moment. However, I get the impression that there could have been a set of circumstances and a different approach from our club that could have resulted in your son still being at SAFC and been quite happy. Is that fair comment?

Short term move for the kid, way move chance of getting games with us than Man Utd. Should have followed Mumba
mumba has regressed massively, apparently, and is even further away from first team football. That’s how bad the set up is. He’s been played at RB and had been terrible
I'm seriously worried about posters mental health on here, how many times do they have to be told THERE IS FUCK ALL THE CLUB CAN DO ABOUT PLAYERS UNDER 16 YEARS OLD MOVING TO OTHER CLUBS

f***ing hell man

I’m seriously worried about posters mental health on here, how many times do they have to be told THE CLUB CAN REFUSE THEM PERMISSION TO SPEAK TO THE PLAYER AND HIS PARENTS AND THERE IS FUCK ALL THE BUYING CLUB CAN DO ABOUT IT
Get real the kid and his parents probably want to leave because it's Man Utd 1 of the biggest clubs in world football and we are a league 1 club

I see your point but I would counter with we’re both Cat 1 and they have a much easier route to first team football with us. We also have a track record of developing our own and other teams players and selling on to top clubs.

Last edited:
Without prying too much it appears that you and your son and very happy with the move and Liverpool's set up etc. which is totally understandable - they are probably the top club in the world at the moment. However, I get the impression that there could have been a set of circumstances and a different approach from our club that could have resulted in your son still being at SAFC and been quite happy. Is that fair comment?
There was no way of knowing at the time if the decision was the correct one, as a family you have to make the call & deal with the consequences, luckily for us it turned out to be 100% the right decision.
And has proven to be given the exit of others after him, sure there’ll be more too.
Not to mention some key staff members also now gone.

Last edited:
mumba has regressed massively, apparently, and is even further away from first team football. That’s how bad the set up is. He’s been played at RB and had been terrible

I’m seriously worried about posters mental health on here, how many times do they have to be told THE CLUB CAN REFUSE THEM PERMISSION TO SPEAK TO THE PLAYER AND HIS PARENTS AND THERE IS FUCK ALL THE BUYING CLUB CAN DO ABOUT IT

I see your point but I would counter with we’re both Cat 1 and they have a much easier route to first team football with us. We also have a track record of developing our own and other teams players and selling on to top clubs.
Really mate?

Sunderland AFC.

Note that Sunderland AFC is a business, Stewart Donald is a human being.

That’s pretty naive.

He still hasn’t paid back the £10m that he ‘loanded’ to Madrox from SAFC yet
Really mate?

Aye. He’ll be nowhere near the first team for a while. Not sure why they’re playing him Rb either but his performances have been very bad. One poster on here had said his showing v Newcastle (I think it was) was the worst they’d seen

Last edited:
Definitely a rabbit away there for the lad to be bombed out of the picture altogether. I'd love to hear his take on things.

I remember reading something on here unsubstantiated about him having a falling out with Ross, but a new manager hasn't changed anything so there must be more to it. Can't just be attitude surely?

The quality of coaching at youth level and, apparently 1st team level, is prehistoric. Lad I know has stopped taking his kid as the youngun was bored senseless. Is now at Boro and loving it. There needs to be some investment and (another) overhaul.
The quality of coaching at youth level and, apparently 1st team level, is prehistoric. Lad I know has stopped taking his kid as the youngun was bored senseless. Is now at Boro and loving it. There needs to be some investment and (another) overhaul.

They can if the kid wants to leave because 1) the academy standards have slipped and 2) the player was hawked around until a buyer was found

We produced more of the semi final England team than any other academy with the exception of Sheff Utd.

we’ve produced countless players that have played in the top two tiers over the years. Look at Hourihan and Egan as examples.

Yes the players were released too soon but our academy used to be f***ing brilliant

Brilliant at developing players then releasing them? So it's always been shoite?
Don's fault?

Unfortunately from the outside it looks like we are a category 1 feeder academy to all the other category 1 academies.

Does selling off our best U16 talent to other category 1 academies help us retain our category 1 status?

So many have left since Donald has come in. The fact they are very happy to offer and tout our best players about to receive minimal compensation is a disgrace. Sure good old GED MC is back on the scene too. Absolute jobs for the boys.

To be honest, if Man U comes in for your kid no matter what league the club you are at is in you're going to seriously consider it. We may have produced a couple of England internationals but they produce them all the time and have shed loads of lads playing in the top two divisions making a hell of a living having come through their academy. Way more than anything we produce and have produced

Has always been the way, we're not even in the food chain anymore....we're gannin through the bins outside Maccy D's...
He's the man in charge to change it. You continue blaming people Nee longer here.

You weep for an academy that's produced 2 players for a decent fee since its inception, but all the problems are at the Don's door, whee's been firefighting since day Juan....18 months ago...

Last edited:

Back