Logan Pye

Has always been the way, we're not even in the food chain anymore....we're gannin through the bins outside Maccy D's...

You weep for an academy that's produced 2 players for a decent fee since its inception, but all the problems are at the Don's door, whee's been firefighting since day Juan....18 months ago...
The problems are increasing at Donald's door. It's cute how you're just refusing to accept whats happening and just blaming others. Take your blinkers off sunshine

Aye 'cos that would be the end of the matter eh?

didn’t take long for you to drop the act:lol:
They can. But you'll never see a league one club saying no. Its madness for them to. I'm not say they physically can't. But they simply won't say no. They aren't in a position to, once the parents find out about interest from Premier league clubs, it's game over.

Southampton said no to every request they received while in the lower leagues.

didn’t take long for you to drop the act:lol:

Southampton said no to every request they received while in the lower leagues.

Think its a hell of a lot different now compared to their days in league one. Especially financially. This is all my own opinion, but we'll never stop it happening.

Out of curiosity do you and your family see Luca as having a first team future where he currently is. If so then i'm happy for you as i'm sure most of this board is. Apolgies in advance for this question, In what way has it been 100$ the right decisions?

Obviousy from what you're saying the club could have refused contact yet they didn't. Would it be fair to assume that you could have refused the contact as well?

The reason i ask this is as you mentioned a new regime had just taken over and no one knew what the future looked like at the time (hindsight is a wonderful thing after all). Given that you have stated that Luca remains a Sunderland fan why did you not rebuke the approach? If you felt that moving gave Luca a better chance of progressing is it at all possible that those looking after SAFC felt the same?
At this moment then of course not. He has the potential & is on the right track but he’s still a school boy. You can see the youth players breaking through at LFC.. It’s an impossible question to answer at this stage.

Correct decision because of the set up he is now involved in. It’s miles apart from what he ever had at SAFC.
If he had stayed & others around him left, what position would he be in?
Staff that have left before him & since.
Stability of the football club impacts the stability of the academy.
I’ve said earlier they’re Cat1 on paper, nothing more.
And for how long?

Yes of course we could have refused to speak to Liverpool.

Not clear on your last point. Sorry.
Are you saying SAFC thought it best for Luca to move?

The only way you can stop young players for leaving to clubs like Liverpool and man Utd is be as successful as them and that isn't going to happen and has never happened

Doesn't matter when clubs like Liverpool and manutd come calling there's nothing many clubs can do about it
They can encourage the kids to stay. If the academy is well run and a happy environment then they will stay. I'd imagine most parents would prefer them to stay rather move to the other end of the country.

The problems are increasing at Donald's door. It's cute how you're just refusing to accept whats happening and just blaming others. Take your blinkers off sunshine

Aye....like ye accepted its bigger ever assets getting flogged.....was nee bonfires gannin off then.....

why are people deliberately ignoring the fact we can just refuse the clubs permission to talk to the player?

are people really that entrenched in their agenda?

This was news to me until @KStephenson said so but now I know that it has changed my thoughts entirely.

I always belived kids and parents were pushing for moves to big clubs when they came along and it was out of kids hands, then i saw how much it was happening and thought the club is probably not fighting to hard to bring in a few quid and now I've heard that it seems like the club want them to go for a few kid.

Best not to think about it as my head will explode with anger. The young lads coming through are the only real shot we have of getting some really top level players. We aren't
I don’t see how being part of the U18s at the moment would have helped him at all. But who knows!

I get your point. I meant the training etc. But are they not as bad cause the good players have went elsewhere?

There was no way of knowing at the time if the decision was the correct one, as a family you have to make the call & deal with the consequences, luckily for us it turned out to be 100% the right decision.
And has proven to be given the exit of others after him, sure there’ll be more too.
Not to mention some key staff members also now gone.
Sorry to push the point but could SAFC have done more to keep your son. I 100% respect what you saying with regard the decision making - with your children you always make a judgement call with your kids best interests at heart. Equally I am not asking you do bad mouth the club but if Sunderland aren't handling its academy students very well then that is a major concerns as there is clearly quite a lot of talent coming through.

This was news to me until @KStephenson said so but now I know that it has changed my thoughts entirely.

I always belived kids and parents were pushing for moves to big clubs when they came along and it was out of kids hands, then i saw how much it was happening and thought the club is probably not fighting to hard to bring in a few quid and now I've heard that it seems like the club want them to go for a few kid.

Best not to think about it as my head will explode with anger. The young lads coming through are the only real shot we have of getting some really top level players. We aren't

I get your point. I meant the training etc. But are they not as bad cause the good players have went elsewhere?

Or the realization that if the big boys don't get permission they'll go via the back door...
That's never happened eh?

Back