Lockdown

I understand they have a tough job and I appreciate the work they do mate, my best mate is a nurse and wife works in health care so I do have a clue how it goes like đź‘Ť
I don't think you do understand mate, as your comments on this thread have demonstrated. None of us can really understand, as we don't do it ourselves. I know she comes home in tears most nights and only goes back the next day for fear her quitting will lead to a patient dying through lack of care, or a colleague having to pick up the slack.

For you not to have empathy with the many many nurses burning out and/or having breakdowns, you either don't listen to what your best mate and his wife tell you, or they don't tell you the full story.

No offense mate, but you don't have a f***ing clue. My Mrs is a nurse and what she deals with on a daily basis makes my job look like a walk in the park.

Holidays canceled, long 12-hour shifts, constantly changing between day and night shifts so her body clock is fucked, double the workload they had last year, angry/ rude patients/ families, people dying in front of her eyes (which she will think about for days/ weeks later blaming herself), having to look after two massively sick patients by herself even though it should be 1 to 1, huge amounts of stress as you're dealing with peoples lives and are constantly being monitored because one fuck up will rightly end your career. Running around all day with no time to think, yet being expected to be calm enough to make decisions about medication etc.

All the while they get paid fuck all and many of them struggle to keep a roof over their heads. They didn't even get their Christmas party this year as management decided the hospital couldn't afford one (even though the nurses were having to pay for it themselves anyway).
Nothing to add other than your Mrs is an absolute hero mate.
There’s studies being discussed in America about health workers suffering PTSD after covid. We are all only human at the end of the day. Look after her marra.

I understand they have a tough job and I appreciate the work they do mate, my best mate is a nurse and wife works in health care so I do have a clue how it goes like đź‘Ť
If you empathise with them as your behaviour on here would suggest, I doubt they're going to spend their emotional energy on discussing it with you in depth

No offense mate, but you don't have a f***ing clue. My Mrs is a nurse and what she deals with on a daily basis makes my job look like a walk in the park.

Holidays canceled, long 12-hour shifts, constantly changing between day and night shifts so her body clock is fucked, double the workload they had last year, angry/ rude patients/ families, people dying in front of her eyes (which she will think about for days/ weeks later blaming herself), having to look after two massively sick patients by herself even though it should be 1 to 1, huge amounts of stress as you're dealing with peoples lives and are constantly being monitored because one fuck up will rightly end your career. Running around all day with no time to think, yet being expected to be calm enough to make decisions about medication etc.

All the while they get paid fuck all and many of them struggle to keep a roof over their heads. They didn't even get their Christmas party this year as management decided the hospital couldn't afford one (even though the nurses were having to pay for it themselves anyway).

Your Mrs is a f***ing hero mate

Not sure it's quite relevant to the thread but the best thing about this parties fiasco is that it's masked that imo since the beginning of last year the government has got all the big calls on covid correct
It's certainly stopped the crowing, but just wait until self-isolation requirements are lifted in a few weeks once party-gate is forgotten and the Met whitewash the investigation. It'll be trumpeted for sure.

Be in no doubt during all of chaos of the last few weeks, there are a lot of people acutely aware that under a Labour government we would likely be in restrictions and certainly would have been all alone at Christmas. For all the shouting, there's still a foundation of support for Johnson and his outlook on COVID-19.

I don't think you do understand mate, as your comments on this thread have demonstrated. None of us can really understand, as we don't do it ourselves. I know she comes home in tears most nights and only goes back the next day for fear her quitting will lead to a patient dying through lack of care, or a colleague having to pick up the slack.

For you not to have empathy with the many many nurses burning out and/or having breakdowns, you either don't listen to what your best mate and his wife tell you, or they don't tell you the full story.
What is her opinion of NHS collleagues. that won't have this vaccine prior to the deadline considering they worked through 20/21 winter period?

What is her opinion of NHS collleagues. that won't have this vaccine prior to the deadline considering they worked through 20/21 winter period?
I don't think Steph (my gf) genuinely knows a single person who wasn't jabbed straight away pal. I also know that NHS nurses have to have loads of other vaccines before they'd start, so she's a bit bemused by the whole idea of nurses now turning round at not wanting it.

Last edited:

Back