Lockdown

I wonder how many would be off with stress if they didn't get full pay.

I am self employed and get very stresses a lot of the time for various reasons, never even thought about staying off because of it

They don’t all get full pay though. I doubt your self employed job involves dealing with people dying in front of your eyes.

I’m not doubting your stress levels either, but don’t belittle the valid stresses frontline staff have experienced because of the terms & conditions of their employment.

Patients in hospital this time last year in the uk

So far this year..

Compare staffing levels, ambulance handover delays, 999/111 response times too then. The system being overwhelmed isn’t just about the number of patients in hospital

Last edited:

The overreaction to Omricon variant in this country is staggering

TV reports from India and loads dying was never off the news with the Delta variant

Where’s all the daily TV reports from SA? None because not a lot has changed

They don’t all get full pay though. I doubt your self employed job involves dealing with people dying in front of your eyes.

I’m not doubting your stress levels either, but don’t belittle the valid stresses frontline staff have experienced because of the terms & conditions of their employment.

Compare staffing levels, ambulance handover delays, 999/111 response times too then. The system being overwhelmed isn’t just about the number of patients in hospital
People only started dying since covid

Not disputing that and I don't blame any front line NHS staff leaving. I'm just suggesting the vaccine is clearly doing its job. Hopefully the numbers stay low (if that's the right word) compared to last year.

I am self employed and get very stresses a lot of the time for various reasons, never even thought about staying off because of it
It's entirely your perogative to favour work over your own personal wellbeing and that of the people around you. It's got nothing to do with anyone else and frankly isn't relevant what others do. They're entitled to it. You may as well moan about their lunch hours or overtime rates.

It's entirely your perogative to favour work over your own personal wellbeing and that of the people around you. It's got nothing to do with anyone else and frankly isn't relevant what others do. They're entitled to it. You may as well moan about their lunch hours or overtime rates.
Many are milking the system, for genuine sickness id totally agree they need lunch breaks and any overtime should be paid or credited back accordingly, so ya just waffling there mush
Great argument. Really considered input.
It's the point that was made aint it 🤷‍♂️

Where’s all the daily TV reports from SA? None because not a lot has changed
Bad news is cases have risen from an average of 300 to 23,000.Good news is deaths have barely risen.The obvious factors of present temperatures/age of population should also to be taken into account.

Many are milking the system, for genuine sickness id totally agree they need lunch breaks and any overtime should be paid or credited back accordingly, so ya just waffling there mush

It's the point that was made aint it 🤷‍♂️
Be a waste of time getting into this with you

Hospitalisations in Gauteng which is the only real World example were under 200 for months then went from 164 to over 3,000 in 4 weeks.

As with everything with Covid something doesn’t add up because there is nothing else obvious that has changed apart from the emergence of Omicron to explain a 1,500% plus leap

This is what Gauteng hospitalisations actually look like which is miles away from the SA doctors comments so there is a rabbit away somrwhere

I agree...it stinks.

No offense mate, but you don't have a f***ing clue. My Mrs is a nurse and what she deals with on a daily basis makes my job look like a walk in the park.

Holidays canceled, long 12-hour shifts, constantly changing between day and night shifts so her body clock is fucked, double the workload they had last year, angry/ rude patients/ families, people dying in front of her eyes (which she will think about for days/ weeks later blaming herself), having to look after two massively sick patients by herself even though it should be 1 to 1, huge amounts of stress as you're dealing with peoples lives and are constantly being monitored because one fuck up will rightly end your career. Running around all day with no time to think, yet being expected to be calm enough to make decisions about medication etc.

All the while they get paid fuck all and many of them struggle to keep a roof over their heads. They didn't even get their Christmas party this year as management decided the hospital couldn't afford one (even though the nurses were having to pay for it themselves anyway).

No offense mate, but you don't have a f***ing clue. My Mrs is a nurse and what she deals with on a daily basis makes my job look like a walk in the park.

Holidays canceled, long 12-hour shifts, constantly changing between day and night shifts so her body clock is fucked, double the workload they had last year, angry/ rude patients/ families, people dying in front of her eyes (which she will think about for days/ weeks later blaming herself), having to look after two massively sick patients by herself even though it should be 1 to 1, huge amounts of stress as you're dealing with peoples lives and are constantly being monitored because one fuck up will rightly end your career. Running around all day with no time to think, yet being expected to be calm enough to make decisions about medication etc.

All the while they get paid fuck all and many of them struggle to keep a roof over their heads. They didn't even get their Christmas party this year as management decided the hospital couldn't afford one (even though the nurses were having to pay for it themselves anyway).
I understand they have a tough job and I appreciate the work they do mate, my best mate is a nurse and wife works in health care so I do have a clue how it goes like 👍

Back