Lockdown

cool idea, and added bonus of blaming the regular people of this country.

or, might sound daft, we could just properly tax rich bastards and multi-billion pound companies. £35billion would pay for a couple of extra nurses

I agree, it's far more complcated than my statement but I can't be arsed to get into politics. Guess what I'm basically saying is we are a nation of people who want all of the pleasure but none of the pain......

Its staffing thats the issue. The sickness levels through stress are through the roof, not to mention the high likelihood of staff having to be off sick/isolate due to the new variant.
Overwhelmed doesnt have to mean there's hundreds of patients at the door, it can mean there's not enough frontline staff to treat those that do turn up
I wonder how many would be off with stress if they didn't get full pay.

I am self employed and get very stresses a lot of the time for various reasons, never even thought about staying off because of it

Its staffing thats the issue. The sickness levels through stress are through the roof, not to mention the high likelihood of staff having to be off sick/isolate due to the new variant.
Overwhelmed doesnt have to mean there's hundreds of patients at the door, it can mean there's not enough frontline staff to treat those that do turn up
Exactly. Not to mention the amount of people leaving the NHS is sending us on a massive downward trajectory.

Patients in hospital this time last year in the uk

So far this year..

*COVID patients in hospital this time last year
Can't really blame them on the shop floor. They can get a admin office job which less hassle for similar pay in some sectors.

Don't think anyone is blaming them to be honest. Ask anyone in the profession and they'll tell you it has never been this bad.

Despite the several suggestions on this thread everything is ok in the hospitals.

Last edited:
*COVID patients in hospital this time last year

Don't think anyone is blaming them to be honest. Ask anyone in the profession and they'll tell you it has never been this bad.

Despite the several suggestions on this thread everything is ok in the hospitals.

yeah sorry covid patients.

worth noting we were seeing around 18-25k cases per day this time last year yet people in hospital across the uk was around 16000 (covid patients). in recent weeks we are averaging around 40-50k cases a day and people in hospital is around 7000. obviously expect that to jump but I think it's fair to say vaccines most definitely working

Seeing/reading a few reports that a ‘48 hour circuit break’ before Christmas is under consideration. Not sure 2 days would have much impact and/or be observed robustly…

Back