Lockdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

safcrob

Winger
When do you first recall hearing the word Lock down been used? I can recall Obama putting some city on Lock down about five years ago cant remember which one though, that's when i first remember the word been spread all over the media.

Years and years ago when I was a kid, clearly remember my dad when he was hanging a new door saying “I’ll move the lock down a couple of inches”

When watching something about American prisons as a kid. The phrase is nothing short of disgusting and don’t to promote fear. Law abiding folk don’t need to ‘lock down’ what we’ve done since March is a shutdown or strangulation of the economy and society, the strength of which has varied. Just like ‘Social distance’ which in my opinion doesn’t make sense. Should be ‘physical distance’. Before March I thought ‘social distancing’ was a term used to describe outcasts of society who have cut themselves off from the word. Wonder how much thought the powers that be used when coining these terms for their current guise ....

When do you first recall hearing the word Lock down been used? I can recall Obama putting some city on Lock down about five years ago cant remember which one though, that's when i first remember the word been spread all over the media.

Prison filums. Yep, we are literally prisoners, some with greater privileges than others for good behaviour.

Aye prisons on really.
Im not a fan of using but the media seemed to go with it. We've never been locked down at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back