Lockdown Valentines Day

Anyone doing anything nice for Valentines day this year? ❤

Mr R and I never really bother with it (or we both say we won't, "it's a commercial con" etc, but then always end up getting each other a card at least).

As it's lockdown and there's not much else to do, it might actually be nice to celebrate it and put a bit of effort in. Plus our youngest daughter has been learning about it during homeschooling this week so it might be a bit rubbish if the day were to pass and we'd done nowt. She's probably expecting the house to be filled with hearts and flowers! ❤🌹
I'm going to my allotment :lol:

Usually cook a meal, her for me or me for her, get the kids involved as waiters and assistant chefs, they write a menu down and serve us as if it was a real restaurant. They call themselves the romance pandas. Usually good fun.

Got her a dozen red roses being delivered in the morning, and a little something else, can’t beat a bit romance to keep things sweet.

There will be loads of pictures surfacing on social media of massive bunches of flowers and engagement rings etc etc tomorrow. Right beneath the big piles of Xmas presents from December. Which will be followed by the snaps of the giant Easter eggs and such. And not a thing in between.
I would be devastated if my missus was even remotely ‘excited’ for Valentine’s Day.
A bit of romance
Flowers
A nice meal
A buck.
A card.
Available 365 days a year.

Missus had a seafood box delivered for me today: gid big bag of langoustines, crab, fresh and smoked salmon, kippers, scallops...

Supporting the old UK fishing industry too.

I do deserve it like. Should really think of something for her.
A fishy smelling box off your lass for valentine's. Sure there must be a joke in there somewhere?

Usually cook a meal, her for me or me for her, get the kids involved as waiters and assistant chefs, they write a menu down and serve us as if it was a real restaurant. They call themselves the romance pandas. Usually good fun.

Got her a dozen red roses being delivered in the morning, and a little something else, can’t beat a bit romance to keep things sweet.
Sounds lovely! Great idea to get the kids to serve you. I might try that here!

Sounds cracking marra. Love the kids being involved - hope you keep the menus to look back on.

There will be loads of pictures surfacing on social media of massive bunches of flowers and engagement rings etc etc tomorrow. Right beneath the big piles of Xmas presents from December. Which will be followed by the snaps of the giant Easter eggs and such. And not a thing in between.
I would be devastated if my missus was even remotely ‘excited’ for Valentine’s Day.
A bit of romance
Flowers
A nice meal
A buck.
A card.
Available 365 days a year.
Correct.

when you have adult kids and they are playing the whole getting cards /flowers etc it feels totally wrong you doing it and a bit childish.

Don’t get me wrong mind I always made a fuss and spent a fortune on our Lass but as soon as the bairns grew up and started caughting seriously it was time to stop.

Back