Lockdown Valentines Day

Anyone doing anything nice for Valentines day this year? ❤

Mr R and I never really bother with it (or we both say we won't, "it's a commercial con" etc, but then always end up getting each other a card at least).

As it's lockdown and there's not much else to do, it might actually be nice to celebrate it and put a bit of effort in. Plus our youngest daughter has been learning about it during homeschooling this week so it might be a bit rubbish if the day were to pass and we'd done nowt. She's probably expecting the house to be filled with hearts and flowers! ❤🌹

Anyone doing anything nice for Valentines day this year? ❤

Mr R and I never really bother with it (or we both say we won't, "it's a commercial con" etc, but then always end up getting each other a card at least).

As it's lockdown and there's not much else to do, it might actually be nice to celebrate it and put a bit of effort in. Plus our youngest daughter has been learning about it during homeschooling this week so it might be a bit rubbish if the day were to pass and we'd done nowt. She's probably expecting the house to be filled with hearts and flowers! ❤🌹
Yes

Don't "just get a card". Skip the useless car entirely and "just" get some flowers from Aldi instead. Much better than a pointless bit of paper.

I usually cook a meal each year. Bought 2 Wagyu rib eyes yesterday, and doing a 3 day brine on them in the fridge. Will reverse sear them with some garlic mushrooms and king prawns.

Don't "just get a card". Skip the useless car entirely and "just" get some flowers from Aldi instead. Much better than a pointless bit of paper.

I usually cook a meal each year. Bought 2 Wagyu rib eyes yesterday, and doing a 3 day brine on them in the fridge. Will reverse sear them with some garlic mushrooms and king prawns.
Wtf? I will be opening the packet and cooking mine in a pan.

Back