Lockdown Fatties of the SMB

So far so good, just making sure I’ve got lots of tangerines and tomatoes and stuff so that if I want I’m bored food I can have something like that. The nice weather means I’m having lots of salads on a night time.
I’m getting up to go for a run during the week like I would have gone to the gym (hate running outside so it’s a struggle) but because I’m getting up early I’m not drinking on a school night.
Ive tried just to adapt my normal routine, I suppose the only thing with wfh is not having the bits of exercise walking during the course of the day. So I try and make sure I do me 250 steps an hour.

Didn’t you once send me a recipe for peasepudding can you send it again mate

ampissed so might have to post full thimg on here
ampissed so might have to post full thimg on here

make a stock from simmering a ham shank, or ham joint, with carrot, turnip, leeks and a couple of bayleaves, about 2 hrs. Then strain. Reserve the liquid.

12oz yellow split peas soaked overnight and thoroughly washed and drained.

peas into a pan with a peeled medium sized potato and a similar sized peeled onion, both left whole.

add 2 cloves of garlic peeled and left whole.

cover the peas by about 1" with the stock.

bring to the boil then simmer covered until peas are soft.

drain the stock off completely. Transfer everything to a food processor and add 2 oz of butter, then salt to taste.

Process. eat either hot or cold with the ham

Last edited:
I'm a fair bit down but starting to get bored of the same foods. Had one 'cheat' day in a month and woke up the next day feeling terrible, so defo know I've turned a corner. I don't usually crave sweet things, but am a total Randy Santel when it comes to savoury things, could just demolish a huge plate full. Cut out processed food, cheese (mostly), red meat to a minimum and have been eating a load more plain chicken and fish with veg. Need to stay motivated or else it will be me back on the sofa watching re runs of Taggart, surrounded by empty packs of Baby bells and crisps

Still at graft and riding there and back every day, been doing the couch to 5k anarl. All but gave up drinking beer til the pubs open again. Lost nearly a stone off me kite mainly.

Back