Lockdown behind drop in COVID cases and deaths- not vaccinations

Following Johnsons logic, we should now expect an upsurge in infections, hospitalisations and deaths as the lockdown is eased and ended. That begs the question as to what the vaccine will actually achieve !

The vaccinations are intended to prevent hospitalisation sand deaths, not lower cases.

I’m calling bullshit on this like, I could be wrong and I’m willing to be corrected, but cases / deaths / hospitalisations seem to have fallen a lot, very quickly, compared to spring last year. That was with an almost complete lockdown, and almost100% compliance.
This lockdown has not been as strict and most people I know haven’t followed the rules anyway.

100% this. There is no lockdown so it cant have reduced number this much

Says Johnson

London's been heaving for the last three months, which ironically took it to the lowest R number this year. Boris, you are gettng beyond a joke.
Lockdown helped reduce everything. During that period we vaccinated half the population at least once. As the programme moves down the age brackets it will allow things to remain open. I think it's pretty straightforward.
Only straght forward if anyone had any concrete evidence.

ps. Over 5,000 scientists world wide disagree with you.

Last edited:
The latest lockdown was designed to last longer with not as strict rules.
Boris has got to be talking shite here, the numbers have fell off a cliff in terms of deaths and hospital admissions.
Yes cases of COVID will still exist and I’d expect to increase now, but this was always expected.
So what is the motive for Boris to say this, he must have one as it doesn’t make sense.
Is he worried people will start to believe normality is here and needs to remind people we ain’t there yet ?

They've normalised and internalised the fact that they are doing to right thing by lying, so long as (in their judgement) the lie is for the greater good.

In this case no doubt the behavioural scientists have told him that if people think the vaccines have taken away most of the risk, then they won't stick to the rules. So he'll gladly come on TV and tell bare faced, blatant and obvious lies directly into the camera.

There are four possible reasons why cases and deaths have dropped in the UK.

1. Vaccinations.
2. Lockdown.
3. Herd immunity.
4. Those most at risk have already died or had Covid.

Four is favourite as it's the only reason that has parallels with other countries, no matter of there geographical location, temperatures, diet, culture etc.

They've normalised and internalised the fact that they are doing to right thing by lying, so long as (in their judgement) the lie is for the greater good.

In this case no doubt the behavioural scientists have told him that if people think the vaccines have taken away most of the risk, then they won't stick to the rules. So he'll gladly come on TV and tell bare faced, blatant and obvious lies directly into the camera.

This is it. This is the most obvious one of the lot.

Imagine thinking when he opened the pubs after a lifetime that people wouldnt go mental🤣

Last edited:
London's been heaving for the last three months, which ironically took it to the lowest R number this year. Boris, you are gettng beyond a joke.

Only straght forward if anyone had any concrete evidence.

ps. Over 5,000 scientists world wide disagree with you.

Who are these 5,000 scientists?

But AZ Phase 3 trials contradict him, and go even further, saying the AZ vaccine even reduces transmission greatly. Therefore this would then help stop future infection rates...

"The primary analysis of the Phase III clinical trials from the UK, Brazil and South Africa, published as a preprint in The Lancet confirmed COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca is safe and effective at preventing COVID-19, with no severe cases and no hospitalisations, more than 22 days after the first dose.

Results demonstrated vaccine efficacy of 76% (CI: 59% to 86%) after a first dose, with protection maintained to the second dose. With an inter-dose interval of 12 weeks or more, vaccine efficacy increased to 82% (CI: 63%, 92%).

The analysis also showed the potential for the vaccine to reduce asymptomatic transmission of the virus, based on weekly swabs obtained from volunteers in the UK trial. The data showed that PCR positive readings were reduced by 67% (CI: 49%, 78%) after a single dose, and 50% (CI: 38% to 59%) after the two dose regimen, supporting a substantial impact on transmission of the virus."

This makes mim a blatent lier.

It's Boris saying it, now I wholeheartedly believe it's all down to vaccinations.
I think it's about half and half. We locked down on the 5th January but the peak was 31st December, so yes, the vaccine program which started on the 20th December saved many lives, but we'd lost more than most at that point, and Covid is specific regarding age and protein synthesis.

Whatever is the case, Boris has lost the plot completely, and should go right now, because you cannot run a country constantly quotng from the bible of fear.

Last edited:

Back