Lockdown = Absolutely ZERO Flu

There is absolutely an element of that as well.

Remember when I worked for Barclays years ago and I was off with the flu, boss told me 'we don't do colds here'. Absolute wankers as I was in bed with the sweats. No doubt caught it at their horrid centre at Doxy where we had to hot desk each day.

Last edited:

And the big worry is that not only has it has spent the last 3 years in the gym, it also didn't come to see us this year so everyones ummune system down a few percent.
The composition of flu vaccines for the coming year are usually decided in February. It's doing to be difficult to predict prevalent strains with so little data.

The composition of flu vaccines for the coming year are usually decided in February. It's doing to be difficult to predict prevalent strains with so little data.

Good point, no info this year. We need to retreat greed wise 50 years, start being a bit more spiritual and see if they start to leave us alone...first rule of thermodynamics...we gotta earn it!

:

Not happening in May now?
I do expect it to be brought forward but the thing is Boris has at least had the good grace to set out his set in stone timeline and as its only a couple of weeks out on mine I can work with it in the interests of being fair and reasonable, but I do anticipate it being brought forward.

I do expect it to be brought forward but the thing is Boris has at least had the good grace to set out his set in stone timeline and as its only a couple of weeks out on mine I can work with it in the interests of being fair and reasonable, but I do anticipate it being brought forward.
Boris has said it won't be brought forward. Let see if he proves himself to be a bullshitter yet again.

I'll go with you on that. My November prediction was cases start to fall late December, covid down to a managable level mid March.

Great news, although I do struggle to get my head around it. Last year we were told quite often that the human race had only ever eradicated one disease and that even with vaccines it would be impossible to get rid of COVID, but here we are not having a single case of Flu through social distancing, a half-way house lockdown and tier systems and then a "full" lockdown for 2 months.

Feel no shame in saying I cannot get my head around that at all.

Great news, although I do struggle to get my head around it. Last year we were told quite often that the human race had only ever eradicated one disease and that even with vaccines it would be impossible to get rid of COVID, but here we are not having a single case of Flu through social distancing, a half-way house lockdown and tier systems and then a "full" lockdown for 2 months.

My thinking is this coronavirus must have taken it out of circulation early on, I have no expertise in this, is it possible? A fight for dominance at a cellular level which will leave no egistering on the tests. I don't think they are pulling the wool over our eyes, as you'd leave a few cases.a few dozen, a few hundred.etc to make it more realistic, so to me this is a truth.

Nobody can DD...with so few universal common factors found, the majority of any one decision is mostly guesswork and instinct, which although a science in itself doesn't fill one with ultimate confidence.

My thinking is this coronavirus must have taken it out of circulation early on, I have no expertise in this, is it possible? A fight for dominance at a cellular level which will leave no egistering on the tests. I don't think they are pulling the wool over our eyes, as you'd leave a few cases.a few dozen, a few hundred.etc to make it more realistic, so to me this is a truth.
Those type of numbers in Europe;

It's possible for there to be a dominant virus, but none at all makes the theory of viruses having connective intelligence more believable. If this intelligence does exist within this very complex virus, then the varients could have been triggered when the vaccine was proven effective. Science fiction? All science was once fiction. Keep an open mind as forwarned is forarmed.

I really hope it becomes completely unacceptable to be out in public with a "cold" without a face covering, and certainly not to go to work with one.

Got Covid like symptoms a week before the first lockdown so had to self isolate.

I was called every day from work asking if I was well enough to go back in. f***ing insane.

Got Covid like symptoms a week before the first lockdown so had to self isolate.

I was called every day from work asking if I was well enough to go back in. f***ing insane.

Think what is going to happen when they are testing millions of kids twice a week. This is going to properly mess with households, just the false positives alone will throw up 1000's of cases and families needing to isolate etc. Crackers.

Think what is going to happen when they are testing millions of kids twice a week. This is going to properly mess with households, just the false positives alone will throw up 1000's of cases and families needing to isolate etc. Crackers.

Not sure how that’s relevant to what I said but alright...

The bottom line is we have never had this level of infection control measures in place ever so flu was free to pass from person to person every year pretty much unchecked.

Flu hasnt been eradicated and never will be, it has more than humans as hosts and mutates more readily than covid so will be back at some point as it will mutate in an animal then skip across to a human.

If anything what has happened to flu should act as a marker for us going forwards in terms of how we behave when ill, I personally will work from home when I have cold like symptoms and will wear a mask if I have to go out the house.

I really hope it becomes completely unacceptable to be out in public with a "cold" without a face covering, and certainly not to go to work with one.
I hope employers are more sensible in future when staff have a mild cold. It’s not really about how ill they are (not very) but about preventing spread. And as has been said, if they can work from home even better

Back