Location of ‘local lockdowns’

box2box

Striker
In the last few weeks all the local restrictions have been predominantly in large urban areas , Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow, now north east.

london and surrounding area seems to have avoided any further restrictions, when given the size, density, living conditions etcyou would have thought might be very likely to. I wonder what is different there ?

In the last few weeks all the local restrictions have been predominantly in large urban areas , Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow, now north east.

london and surrounding area seems to have avoided any further restrictions, when given the size, density, living conditions etcyou would have thought might be very likely to. I wonder what is different there ?
They’re working from home in the main.

More Tory voters

Higher levels of immunity.

When all this first kicked off, London had it far worse than anywhere else. The numbers then dropped at a faster rate than everywhere else. It's classic signs of herd immunity

Also combined with that they have a younger population, so more infections maybe asymptomatic.

Last edited:
Higher levels of immunity.

When all this first kicked off, London had it far worse than anywhere else. The numbers then dropped at a faster rate than everywhere else. It's classic signs of herd immunity

Also combined with that they have a younger population, so more infections maybe asymptomatic.

See your point, and the stats back that up to a point. ONS figures say London suffered a 30% higher death rate per 100,000 for March to June. would that lead to significantly more immunity though ?

Back