Local'ish stuff to do with kids over holidays

John J Rambo

Striker
Got a few days off next week and looking at places to go etc with kids 6 and 2 year old, as thread title suggests. Haven't been to lightwater valley or flamingo land in about 30 years so what's it like now? Forbidden corner gets good reviews as well. Anyone been to these recently?

We went to centerparcs in June and me and the lad went on the laser combat activity. Loved it like. Just as well for 60 quid like :lol:

Never been to broom house farm before.
It's not great, but it's free. Coffee shop and farm shop are ok, there's a play area/field for the kids and a tree top walk which you can pay for. Never been on it.

Animals, it's stick your head in the door and see what they're up to. Not that exciting but passes an hour.

You get decent views on the way up there.

Took my daughter to Flamingo Land last year (first time I've been) and had a really good day out. Plenty of rides for younger children and there's the zoo too. There's always vouchers knocking about with 2 for 1 offers and such so no need to pay full price for everyone either.

Cherry tree. Garden. Walking distance for you JJR let the kids run wild whilst yo enjoy a few beers. Used to do it myself 30 years ago when young Forrest Gump was also regular in the tree garden in his nappy

Took my daughter to Flamingo Land last year (first time I've been) and had a really good day out. Plenty of rides for younger children and there's the zoo too. There's always vouchers knocking about with 2 for 1 offers and such so no need to pay full price for everyone either.
Aye seems more going on there than lightwater valley for the kids.

Back