Local Pub question

The Victoria Gardens in Hendon to bloom again thanks to revamp

A landmark Sunderland pub is getting a new lease of life with a £180,000 facelift.

Work has started at the The Victoria Gardens in China Street, Hendon, which is being refurbished by Star Pubs & Bars, Heineken’s pub business, and operators John and Paul Foster.

The pub is closed for four weeks and will reopen the first week in September, creating four new jobs as a result.

The Victoria Gardens in Hendon to bloom again thanks to revamp

A landmark Sunderland pub is getting a new lease of life with a £180,000 facelift.

Work has started at the The Victoria Gardens in China Street, Hendon, which is being refurbished by Star Pubs & Bars, Heineken’s pub business, and operators John and Paul Foster.

The pub is closed for four weeks and will reopen the first week in September, creating four new jobs as a result.

Worth mentioning that it's open now and is nice for a couple of pints

In no order whatsoever your options are:
Rosedene.
Ashbrooke cricket club (Only wranguns call it the rugby club).
Ivy House.
If the Vicky Gardens is the closest you're either not in Ashbrooke or in one or 2 particular streets.

Youre right.. Im not officially in Ashbrooke. Closest will be the cricket club. Just looking at membership. Ivy house is closest of the four you have mentioned. The RBL is actually the closest for me

Youre right.. Im not officially in Ashbrooke. Closest will be the cricket club. Just looking at membership. Ivy house is closest of the four you have mentioned. The RBL is actually the closest for me

is that the one on grange crescent ? do you have to be a member to go in there? didn't even know there was a bar there.

I'm guessing you live off Park Road

its 3 minutes from my house :cool:

theres a pool table, a few teles with the sport on, they do proper pub sunday dinners, and i think they have a quiz and a few other events for charity things / kids activities and that. they are always on FB advertising this event or that.

i normally just walk along for a few quiet beers like
Sunday dinners any good mate?

Victoria Gardens.. any good? Just looking for a quiet pub not in the town and this seems to be the nearest to the Ashbrooke area
Been in all afternoon. Free crackling, Yorkshire’s, potato skins and meat on the bar. Unfortunately Belford RFC had their reunion there last night so a bit short on the Moretti and Amstel

Ashbrooke is my local so it’s about a toss up between The Ivy/Rosedene for next pub, but then Victoria Gardens is probably only a few minutes walk more.

Obviously different to the Ivy for pump beers but would rather have a wander there than the Deno.

Closed its doors last week.
What’s your agenda?

Last edited:
new openning hours announced for the Victoria Gardens, on their FB

Monday 4pm-12am
Tuesday 4pm-12am
Wednesday 3pm-12am
Thursday 3pm-12am
Friday 12pm-12am
Saturday 12pm-12am
Sunday 12pm-12am

don't know what the previous opening hours were like

Been in all afternoon. Free crackling, Yorkshire’s, potato skins and meat on the bar. Unfortunately Belford RFC had their reunion there last night so a bit short on the Moretti and Amstel

Ashbrooke is my local so it’s about a toss up between The Ivy/Rosedene for next pub, but then Victoria Gardens is probably only a few minutes walk more.

Obviously different to the Ivy for pump beers but would rather have a wander there than the Deno.

What’s your agenda?

Cheers...

Back