Local lockdown

People have took the piss but that's on the government. There should be tougher penalties for breaching the regulations if they want them taken seriously.

There will always be people who ignore rules but the deterrent for doing so is practically non existent

Government definitely haven't been good, but to say the piss takers are blameless is ridiculous. Can people not behave like adults like without the need for repercussion? Rhetorical question in reality.

That would be a logical conclusion mate.

we hit any where near them numbers the country is getting locked down the second it hits 8k we will be locked down
Government definitely haven't been good, but to say the piss takers are blameless is ridiculous. Can people not behave like adults like without the need for repercussion? Rhetorical question in reality.

again can’t argue with that for example if I walk into a bar and see social distancing isn’t happening I would walk straight back out without even thinking about it people are just been idiots

but in this scenario there’s 3 things to blame

firstly the pub
Secondly the person
Thirdly government

Last edited:
@dangermows bearing in mind the convo on pubs as its easier to police restrictions, thoughts on the pubs who've decided to say "fuck it"?

As a side note, are there actually any powers in place against establishments who ignore advice?.
I'm assuming due to the fact theyre advertising it, that there's not (which may be the problem).

On the score of Sunderland people will do what they want, especially if told not to, you only have to look at the replies to the stables FB post :eek: :lol:

That's the pubs decision ultimately. But as I say, I haven't been in any pubs that have fucked social distancing off. I get the impression a lot of these places are bars in town centres, where young uns go, people have a dance etc?

All I've ever argued is, in theory, there are better opportunities to police behaviour in pubs than behind closed doors.

Yep, seems that's the Sunderland mentality. Nee one tells us what we can't do or if it's only advice,, fuck it :lol:

Last edited:
That's the pubs decision ultimately. But as I say, I haven't been in any pubs that have fucked social distancing off. I get the impression a lot of these places are bars in town centres, where young uns go, people have a dance etc?

All I've ever argued is, in theory, there are better opportunities to police behaviour in pubs than behind closed doors.

Yep, seems that's the Sunderland mentality. Nee one tells us what we can't do or if it's only advice,, fuck it :lol:
Actually all the pubs posting this are smaller, local, suburban pubs

That's the pubs decision. But as I say, I haven't been in any pubs that have fucked social distancing offm I get the impression a lot of hrse places are bars in town centres, where young uns go, people have a dance etc?

Yep, seems that's the Sunderland mentality. Nee one tells us what we can't do or if it's only sdcuce fuck it :lol:

no mate there’s 3 places I know of where the lads go for a drink and watch the match where there’s hardly any guidelines no track and trace nowt and none of them town centre

in theory your right regarding policing but in reality it isn’t the case sadly before we got stopped meeting our families the pubs should Hve been clamped down on

Problem is people will only follow advice and guidance they believe in. The government have fucked up so much people have had enough

Some think it's people not caring about society which is incorrect. It's people sick of being told what to do when there's no logic or reason behind it. You can only push people so far and I think the Tories are very near their limit.

There is logic and reason though.

The same people crowing about breaking the rules will be foaming at the govt if their parents or grandparents are dying in overcrowded hospitals this winter.

Too many people are selfish, uneducated morons, including several in this very thread

Last edited:
Actually all the pubs posting this are smaller, local, suburban pubs

Aren't they on about the different household number restrictions rather than saying fuck social distancing?
no mate there’s 3 places I know of where the lads go for a drink and watch the match where there’s hardly any guidelines no track and trace nowt and none of them town centre

in theory your right regarding policing but in reality it isn’t the case sadly before we got stopped meeting our families the pubs should Hve been clamped down on

Fair enough. Boldon and Seaburn have it pretty spot on like. Mask at all times except when sitting at Torque. Blue Bell has it all good. People getting bollocked for standing up at their table at The Stack etc.

Last edited:
Aren't they on about the different household number restrictions rather than saying fuck social distancing?

Fair enough. Boldon and Seaburn have it pretty spot on like.

as does the shipwrights

even if they are talking about household restrictions they still bending the rules to suit them so what chance have you got of them doing all the other guidelines if they clearly bending this one ?

Local lockdown has started well. My cousin is out with his Mrs while his Mam watches the kids over night. A friend of ours is taking her son to two kids parties this weekend.

👍

Nee one tells the Mackems what to do :cool:
as does the shipwrights

even if they are talking about household restrictions they still bending the rules to suit them so what chance have you got of them doing all the other guidelines if they clearly bending this one ?

This one probably has the biggest impact, and is only advice. Pubs can get fined if spot checked and social distancing isn't happening. Not sure owts in place for the household numbers.

Last edited:

Fair enough. Boldon and Seaburn have it pretty spot on like. People getting bollocked for standing up at their table at The Stack.
Quote: "rules regarding same household and support bubbles do not apply to pubs and restaurants"

Whether they've interpreted it wrong or not, these pubs have published it now

So its illegal for me to say hi to me mam and dad in their garden, but not if I take them to the stables in East herrington for a pint, as its advisory :lol:

Local lockdown has started well. My cousin is out with his Mrs while his Mam watches the kids over night. A friend of ours is taking her son to two kids parties this weekend.

👍

😂😂 don’t know weather to laugh or cry a lot of this is going to come down to peoples preferences now people know the risks and they have to live with there decisions like I say i fink 70% will still try and stick to the rules best they can while 30% now look at this and say fuck that
Nee one tells the Mackems what to do :cool:

This one probably has the biggest impact, and is only advice. Pubs can get fined if spot checked and social distancing isn't happening. Not sure owts in place for the household numbers.

I know mate but the pubs in the wrong clearly the advice is there yes it’s now law but that’s what they supposed to do so by that advice I can go and sit at a table with me Mam and dad but if I go to the stables I can sit with them ??

Last edited:
Quote: "rules regarding same household and support bubbles do not apply to pubs and restaurants"

Whether they've interpreted it wrong or not, these pubs have published it now

So its illegal for me to say hi to me mam and dad in their garden, but not if I take them to the stables in East herrington for a pint, as its advisory :lol:

Back to the same old. Social distancing, or lack of can be seen in public places. It can't in a house or garden. That's the principle behind it.

Not sure why I'm arguing, I hate the government :lol:

Last edited:
Back to the same old. Social distancing, or lack of can be seen in public places. It can't in a house or garden.

I can see that argument and like I say in theory it’s correct but we don’t live in a perfect world there for its 50/50 pubs doing the right thing pubs taking the piss until they sort that out I think it’s a joke that they have stopped people from seeing other households

😂😂 don’t know weather to laugh or cry a lot of this is going to come down to peoples preferences now people know the risks and they have to live with there decisions like I say i fink 70% will still try and stick to the rules best they can while 30% now look at this and say fuck that

I know mate but the pubs in the wrong clearly the advice is there yes it’s now law but that’s what they supposed to do so by that advice I can go and sit at a table with me Mam and dad but if I go to the stables I can sit with them ??

Are you not meant to keep your distance even when sitting with them in a pub? Genuine question as loads of places have less seats round a table for example to maintain space.

Back to the same old. Social distancing, or lack of can be seen in public places. It can't in a house or garden. That's the principle behind it.

Not sure why I'm arguing, I hate the government :lol:
Haway man :lol: I knar youre taking that tact but come on, the pubs are basically saying 'we don't give a fuck about social distancing '

Sanctions should happen. It should have been part of the local measures

I can see that argument and like I say in theory it’s correct but we don’t live in a perfect world there for its 50/50 pubs doing the right thing pubs taking the piss until they sort that out I think it’s a joke that they have stopped people from seeing other households

Totally agree. I've repeatedly said I'm not saying it'll work/be adhered to, was simply explaining the principle behind it to those who seemed completely bemused.
Haway man :lol: I knar youre taking that tact but come on, the pubs are basically saying 'we don't give a fuck about social distancing '

Sanctions should happen. It should have been part of the local measures

None of the pubs I go to.

Back