Local Headteachers petitions on school funding.

The situation with education funding is absolutely terrifying. I'm a school governor and we're a very well managed school (Ofsted have the quality of leadership and governance in our school as "exceptional") but we're now hitting the point where we're going into a deficit budget and the new funding formula has absolutely hammered us. We've coped by cutting TAs down from HLTAs to level 3 and cutting the time they're in class so far - which really fucks my own child over as they have SEN and are getting 5 minutes of classroom support a couple of times a week now (which is about as pointless as it sounds).

Budgets have been getting hammered for a while now but schools have literally hit the point where they can't make savings by the relatively "painless" things like cutting photocopying, renegotiating contracts and the like now and the only cuts left are the ones that are absolutely going to decimate the quality of education for the kids... especially those who have issues like SEN.

The situation with education funding is absolutely terrifying. I'm a school governor and we're a very well managed school (Ofsted have the quality of leadership and governance in our school as "exceptional") but we're now hitting the point where we're going into a deficit budget and the new funding formula has absolutely hammered us. We've coped by cutting TAs down from HLTAs to level 3 and cutting the time they're in class so far - which really fucks my own child over as they have SEN and are getting 5 minutes of classroom support a couple of times a week now (which is about as pointless as it sounds).

Budgets have been getting hammered for a while now but schools have literally hit the point where they can't make savings by the relatively "painless" things like cutting photocopying, renegotiating contracts and the like now and the only cuts left are the ones that are absolutely going to decimate the quality of education for the kids... especially those who have issues like SEN.
Aye, it’s everywhere in education. Grim times. Should massively Invest in the youth to have a better chance in future - so the Tory bastards create a new funding formula that fucks the majority of schools over there drepriving ALL kids a chance of a better tomorrow. Tory scum. Should be pumping money into education!

What's your problem?

Both of them are a disgrace to their stated profession!!

my problem is that school funding is in crisis, and yet you just want to pile on a couple of posters that you dont like

but to try and be OT, have spoken to a few people who are governors and they're all bricking it - any rainy day money they might have had has been used to plug funding gaps and its just getting worse

It's a terrible state of affairs. I'm glad I'm out of it, although working for a European Commission school, I'm not sure how long Brexit will allow me to continue in my post. Keep fighting the good fight and good luck.

my problem is that school funding is in crisis, and yet you just want to pile on a couple of posters that you dont like

but to try and be OT, have spoken to a few people who are governors and they're all bricking it - any rainy day money they might have had has been used to plug funding gaps and its just getting worse

I mentioned two individuals who have, repeatedly, shown they are a disgrace to their claimed profession and I believe no one who takes a pride in working within it would wish to be associated with.

Are you, perchance a teacher?

I mentioned two individuals who have, repeatedly, shown they are a disgrace to their claimed profession and I believe no one who takes a pride in working within it would wish to be associated with.

Are you, perchance a teacher?

Oh yeah, I'm sure the 2 posters named are exactly like their internet persona in the classroom..

no, i'm not a teacher..

My boy is starting monkeyhouse next year so me and the wife went for a look around and i was shocked how much of a shithole it was falling to bits.

It’s not confined to the northeast. I live in the southeast and we’re having exactly the same problems. I volunteer in my local primary school and they are really struggling. They are relying on volunteers to help run several essential activities because they can’t afford the staff and class sizes are increasing.

Back