Loans loans and more loans

If and it’s a big if but if we do go up i think it’s good we have a lot of players out of contract. A lot of them aren’t good enough for the Championship and therefore we don’t want them clogging up the wage bill when they’ve got no chance of being involved and/or they are blocking the path of a young’un getting in and around the first team (bench etc). Of course the massive floor in my post is if we don’t have any new owners and significant investment in the summer. But if we do and we go up this season we’ve got a relatively clean slate to start from (.... and no doubt fuck up 🤣🤣)

Its what happens in this league to be fair, it needs to be decent quality though.

big rebuilding job in the summer anyway

For anyone believing his spiel about the timing of the fanzines' statement (which wasn't great tbf) what was his excuse for not spending in the summer, whilst actively trying to sell the club?

This. Most of the squad is out of contract I believe.

Which is deliberate. The FFP squeeze really hits us next year. 100 per cent it'll be ground zero if we don't get up this year.

Very difficult to see us getting up next year, but in the very long-run - given how our cost base is so out of kilter, such enforced austerity might not be the worst thing in the world.

Ofc, I don't want to see that before anyone jumps in because I support a football team, not a business, and I can't f***ing stand the sight of the football in this league anymore.

Problem weve now got which we didnt a few weeks ago,is attracting decent quality without being able to say they are going straight in team.

If and it’s a big if but if we do go up i think it’s good we have a lot of players out of contract. A lot of them aren’t good enough for the Championship and therefore we don’t want them clogging up the wage bill when they’ve got no chance of being involved and/or they are blocking the path of a young’un getting in and around the first team (bench etc). Of course the massive floor in my post is if we don’t have any new owners and significant investment in the summer. But if we do and we go up this season we’ve got a relatively clean slate to start from (.... and no doubt fuck up 🤣🤣)
flaw

Which is deliberate. The FFP squeeze really hits us next year. 100 per cent it'll be ground zero if we don't get up this year.

Very difficult to see us getting up next year, but in the very long-run - given how our cost base is so out of kilter, such enforced austerity might not be the worst thing in the world.

Ofc, I don't want to see that before anyone jumps in because I support a football team, not a business, and I can't f***ing stand the sight of the football in this league anymore.

Which is why our main priority should have been (and any owner with a long-term plan would have) the Academy and getting the best possible players through. Sadly, this fella appointed his mates to run it on a part-time basis and all but neglected the bastard.

In this league we signed players not good enough for this level like de boc. Why do people think we’ll be doing anything different at the level above? A decent championship player costs about 4m+, a decent League 1 player costs about 400k. It’s all relative, and Stuart had no intention of paying to get the required quality at the beginning of the season. But then why would he when his main focus was to sell the club.

Seems a bit, mismanaged to let them players run their contracts down, given its not 100% that promotion is a certainty.

If they are good, we'll lose them.

But the whole purpose of loans is to get players that would be beyond your reach anyway. Like talented Premier League youngsters, or Championship quality players who feel they need a run of games.

If we are using loans to sign players we could get in permanently, then that's dumb. But we're not are we. In fact, have we ever?

I'd go as far as to say that we've never really done that. Put aside the shameful Coleman window, where he was left woefully short by Bain, one of the very few things we did well in the Premier League was use loans well.

Which is why our main priority should have been (and any owner with a long-term plan would have) the Academy and getting the best possible players through. Sadly, this fella appointed his mates to run it on a part-time basis and all but neglected the bastard.

Yes, quite. We had two years to get the youngsters ship shape, because if we don't go up then a lot of them might be catapulted into the first team.

Donald's strategy however, has always been shit or bust: we get up in two seasons. Why? Because that's how he lines his pocket.

Back