LNER

Was down to London last week. The train in front of ours broke down so we were delayed. Coming back the card machines weren’t working so only accepted cash and there was a door issue so we were 40 minutes delayed.

Got half refunds on both journeys.

I never have an issue getting a seat, just make sure you reserve one.
Also, check out the seatfrog app. I often get 1st class upgrades for about £20-£30
What do you get with a 1st Class ticket and how much more than 2nd Class are they nowadays? Stopped bothering as there hardly seemed any difference for the additional cost.

Outrageous prices for shit service.

We came back from London last week on it. Luckily we had reserved seats, but the train was crowded to the point nobody could move with the corridors lined with people sitting on the floor.

To make it worse, the air conditioning wasn't working either. The train was a complete oven.

f***ing outrageous. We didn't bother getting the train back as the prices for two singles equaled more than some return flights (starting at £399).

Nationalize the railways again. No ifs, no buts.

What do you get with a 1st Class ticket and how much more than 2nd Class are they nowadays? Stopped bothering as there hardly seemed any difference for the additional cost.
I went from Durham to London first class for less than forty quid...there were only 3 people in th3 carriage...nice breakfast...coffee ...toast...fruit...fruit juice

Back