LNER apologize

What were they like a smurf? He covered both genders anyway. You’re still human so no matter which you class yourself as you’re still a man or a woman.

What is annoying if I’m allowed to be, is the way institutions immediately give into these precious fuckers,instead of telling them to do one.
I m sure the PR department at LNER were rolling their eyes when they dispatched this grovelling apology.
Problem lies with what happens if they didn’t. The keyboard warriors , offended on behalf of others and hand wringers anonymous would have massacred them.
The general public shrug and tut , the victim has justice and the Twitterati nod in the smug satisfaction of yet another victory and eagerly await the next time ....

I think that this thread has aptly demonstrated the chronic lack of awareness and understanding of gender related issues that still pervade every level of society, and the prejudices inherit in everyone after generation upon generation of fundamental, systematic bigotry that must be ironed out if we are to live in and enjoy an all inclusive, universally tolerant society.

Hopefully Lawrence's brave stand against LNER can become the catalyst of a real revelation and will be remembered as the gender fluid community's own public transport related act of civil disobedience, much like what Rosa Parks refusal to give up her seat was to the Civil Rights movement in the US all those years ago.

Laurence is a f***ing spanner. There's plenty of us in the LGB who are fed up of this gender woo woo nonsense. Non binary folk often don't have gender dysphoria and are just straight folk who are dying to be edgy and "queer" 🙄
I’d be more pissed off with the weirdos trying to jump on the LGB campaign. What has gender got to do with sexuality.

Its about time.

👏👏👏👏👏
The true will of the woke masses is stronger and gaining momentum everyday. This meaningless token gesture from a failing, outdated patriarchy is nothing more than a faltering, last gasp effort to delay the inevitable wave of equality and freedom for all this land wants and needs. A gammon fisted hand grasping at the paddle of nostalgia for a Little England long lost as it is taken by the stream of progression and justice and the old ways head down the creak they deserve.

The true will of the woke masses is stronger and gaining momentum everyday. This meaningless token gesture from a failing, outdated patriarchy is nothing more than a faltering, last gasp effort to delay the inevitable wave of equality and freedom for all this land wants and needs. A gammon fisted hand grasping at the paddle of nostalgia for a Little England long lost as it is taken by the stream of progression and justice and the old ways head down the creak they deserve.

:lol:

I’d be more pissed off with the weirdos trying to jump on the LGB campaign. What has gender got to do with sexuality.
Believe it or not Stonewall has redefined sexuality to be gender attracted rather than sex attracted. I kid you not. I'm unsure who gave them the remit to do that, but here we are.

And why they are so obsessed with the T and everything after it, well simply put, we won. We got employment rights, pension rights, marriage, adoption. We won and that's great. But where does that leave stonewall? Looking for new causes, that's where.

Back