Lizzo

I think it goes beyond middle aged blokes. There are vast sectors of society who seem to enjoy their own ignorance of things rather than seeking knowledge.

I’m going to hold my hands up and say I can, on occasion, be guilty of this. Not because I am too thick to google the answer, but when it’s in context on here and promotes discussion, then it’s sometimes okay to do this in my book.

I’m going to hold my hands up and say I can, on occasion, be guilty of this. Not because I am too thick to google the answer, but when it’s in context on here and promotes discussion, then it’s sometimes okay to do this in my book.
That’s probably fair enough tbh, particularly on here when context might be needed.

Google is of course indispensable these days but it doesn't always give you the required level of trusted experience... some queries have more nuanced answers... but on the identity of a critically acclaimed and talented musician?

Google is of course indispensable these days but it doesn't always give you the required level of trusted experience... some queries have more nuanced answers... but on the identity of a critically acclaimed and talented musician?

Oh, not on this occasion. Mainly because I couldn’t give a flying who she is.

Haven't heard her music, although can imagine what it sounds like, and only know her name from the fat shaming she was (allegedly) dishing out to her dancers.

She'll be back. Unfortunately.

Once she realises she's no longer relevant and/or being talked about expect a big hoohaa of a return. They all do it, or try to.

I think it goes beyond middle aged blokes. There are vast sectors of society who seem to enjoy their own ignorance of things rather than seeking knowledge.
I've heard of her from the alleged fat shaming that made the news, but not her music or anything else about her tbh.

It's not a badge of honour but I'm not sure my life would be all that richer for knowing more about her (or in typical Barry fashion have I missed the point entirely? :) )

I've heard of her from the alleged fat shaming that made the news, but not her music or anything else about her tbh.

It's not a badge of honour but I'm not sure my life would be all that richer for knowing more about her (or in typical Barry fashion have I missed the point entirely? :) )

It’s not ‘not knowing her’ that’s the issue. People have cultural blind spots.

It’s being performatively ignorant when you’re on a phone, laptop or tablet connected to the internet :lol:

It’s not ‘not knowing her’ that’s the issue. People have cultural blind spots.

It’s being performatively ignorant when you’re on a phone, laptop or tablet connected to the internet :lol:
I've just looked on the work computer, as I genuinely have no idea who she is. I'm actually glad I didnt use my phone tbh. Don't want Google getting the wrong idea of my "preferences" 🤢🤮

She'll be back. Unfortunately.

Once she realises she's no longer relevant and/or being talked about expect a big hoohaa of a return. They all do it, or try to.
As you say she’ll be back, playing the victim and daytime telly will be breaking their necks to sympathise with her. It’ll be planned now.

I’m not cynical by the way.

Back