lizzies (elizabeths)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like alot of catering businesses, very hard to make a profit and stay in the forefront of peoples minds
People are only discussing it now its gone

That's the one I think. Where will the middle class pensioners of Sunderland eat now?
Looking at the jacket potato and beans and hearing the stories of burgers being served without buns it would seem that from a cullinary point of view at least the bourgeosie in Sunderland have had it pretty tough. :lol:

they'll be deed within a few days man

My brother went to Establishment a few years ago and bought a chilli burger and it came with just chilli in a bun :lol:

He complained and they told him that's the way it was supposed to be :lol:

I had the chicken burger at grannie annie's fannie the other day and it is literally a chicken breast in a bun, most boring thing I've ever eaten

Reactions: mux
Our lass got in every week with her mate just after the bairn was born, she'd go on about it being really nice so we went down and I thought I'd stepped into a time machine. Dated isn't the word.

It probably did well being open as long as it was, it was a decent size inside and empty when we went in on a Saturday lunch time, but they clearly hadn't put any time or money into the place for about 30 year.

My mam and her sisters go in every Friday for there breakfast. She was shocked when I told her yesterday and said they had just set on a new cook! Tbh I never liked there breakfast very much but did a nice fish and chips.

Our lass got in every week with her mate just after the bairn was born, she'd go on about it being really nice so we went down and I thought I'd stepped into a time machine. Dated isn't the word.

It probably did well being open as long as it was, it was a decent size inside and empty when we went in on a Saturday lunch time, but they clearly hadn't put any time or money into the place for about 30 year.
That was its purpose though - a throwback for old people. Hence why my 80+ year old nanna loves it.

Its right in the middle of the new heritage zone plans is it not? wonder if its got summit to do with that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back