Liverpool

The front 3 are all 28. Need to make a signing to challenge them, not sure if Minamino will be that, Origi has a big few weeks ahead of him. They’ve been magnificent this season undoubtedly but they’ve been fortunate Van Dijk, Mane, Salah and Firmino have avoided long term injuries. Laporte injury was a seismic blow for City.
As was Sane

City only realistically need to sign a centre back?

Maybe a silva or sane replacement also
Maybe a left back? I think Mendy is very good but struggles to put a long run without injury. As you say, Silva and Sane are two big losses to the squad, although Foden looks ready to go. City have a very strong squad but the lack of balance in it has been found out slightly this season and I'm assuming they'll spend big this summer to rectify that.

Maybe a left back? I think Mendy is very good but struggles to put a long run without injury. As you say, Silva and Sane are two big losses to the squad, although Foden looks ready to go. City have a very strong squad but the lack of balance in it has been found out slightly this season and I'm assuming they'll spend big this summer to rectify that.
Yeah possibly. Dont think mendy looks the same player since he came back but may take time as he was out ages.

Still dont think they need much more than that though, maybe 3/4 players. Cant see them selling many

People saying Liverpool are “lucky” :lol:

Aye teams that are lucky often win the league with 7 games to go and have a 20 odd point cushion by Christmas.:lol:
Calling them lucky is of course a nonsense. However they did win quite a lot of ‘coin toss’ games this season so it wouldn’t have taken a huge reversal of fortune to have had them finish second.

Calling them lucky is of course a nonsense. However they did win quite a lot of ‘coin toss’ games this season so it wouldn’t have taken a huge reversal of fortune to have had them finish second.
They won the champions league, The European super cup and the world club championship as well, before going on to win the league with what is potentially the biggest winning margin in premier league history.

For years we've been told that winning those sort of games defines league winning sides. The mentality required to keep going and grind out win after win shouldn't be dismissed as luck at all.

For years we've been told that winning those sort of games defines league winning sides. The mentality required to keep going and grind out win after win shouldn't be dismissed as luck at all.
Agree completely. The consistency and mentality has been remarkable. Wouldn't have taken much of a drop in those to have had you lose 4 or 5 games this season

Last two seasons have shown they have an intensity that nobody can now match. They have hunted down a team who won titles with 98-100 points in consecutive seasons. And they have done it with 20 points to spare. And accumulated Europe biggest prize in that period. But football always invites doubts as to longevity of sustained success. Liverpool 1973-1990 and Man Utd 1993-2013 are the standards by which supremacy is measured.

Liverpool need more goal scorers, their reliance on just Salah and Mane cannot keep going.

In the Premier League their most goals table is ridiculously skewed;

Salah 17
Mane 15
Firmino 8
Van Dijk 4
Trent 3
Chamberlain 3
Henderson 3
Origi 3
Winni 3

Then compare that to City;

Aguero 16
Sterling 13
KDB 11
Jesus 10
Mahrez 9
B Silva 5
D Silva 4
Foden 4
Rodrigo 3

Liverpool need more goal scorers, their reliance on just Salah and Mane cannot keep going.

In the Premier League their most goals table is ridiculously skewed;

Salah 17
Mane 15
Firmino 8
Van Dijk 4
Trent 3
Chamberlain 3
Henderson 3
Origi 3
Winni 3

Then compare that to City;

Aguero 16
Sterling 13
KDB 11
Jesus 10
Mahrez 9
B Silva 5
D Silva 4
Foden 4
Rodrigo 3
I'd suggest contrasting styles plays a big part in these stats. Our first choice midfield 3 is more workman like and offers protection for our full backs. Goal scoring isn't their main objective, it's more creating the platform to attack and protect. Saying that I would certainly like to see more goals from midfield and I think this is something we should be looking at. Keita and Chamberlain are the obvious players but they dont get the consistent game time. You would also usually expect Firmino to have a handful more goals, considering he's not scored a goal at Anfield in the league this season.

Last two seasons have shown they have an intensity that nobody can now match. They have hunted down a team who won titles with 98-100 points in consecutive seasons. And they have done it with 20 points to spare. And accumulated Europe biggest prize in that period. But football always invites doubts as to longevity of sustained success. Liverpool 1973-1990 and Man Utd 1993-2013 are the standards by which supremacy is measured.
You have to take all competitions into account and City's record over recent years is better. There's no doubt these two teams are out on their own in England.

I'd suggest contrasting styles plays a big part in these stats. Our first choice midfield 3 is more workman like and offers protection for our full backs. Goal scoring isn't their main objective, it's more creating the platform to attack and protect. Saying that I would certainly like to see more goals from midfield and I think this is something we should be looking at. Keita and Chamberlain are the obvious players but they dont get the consistent game time. You would also usually expect Firmino to have a handful more goals, considering he's not scored a goal at Anfield in the league this season.
Yeah, it's definitely largely tactical, I see it as a left sided clockwise circle and a right sided counterclockwise circle, where the ball starts with a attacking wingback is moved up the field then played into the centre where it either ends in a goal or comes back out towards midfield where the midfield then get possession back and move it to one of the wings again. Like some conveyer belt of ball possession.

Contract that with City and their goal scorers where they just come hard and fast from every angle as they have so many good finishers.

The problem I was trying to point out for Liverpool is that there are basically 4 main components, Trent and Robertson and then mane and Salah. When you take out any part the machine doesn't work nearly as well

Yeah, it's definitely largely tactical, I see it as a left sided clockwise circle and a right sided counterclockwise circle, where the ball starts with a attacking wingback is moved up the field then played into the centre where it either ends in a goal or comes back out towards midfield where the midfield then get possession back and move it to one of the wings again. Like some conveyer belt of ball possession.

Contract that with City and their goal scorers where they just come hard and fast from every angle as they have so many good finishers.

The problem I was trying to point out for Liverpool is that there are basically 4 main components, Trent and Robertson and then mane and Salah. When you take out any part the machine doesn't work nearly as well
I'd put Firmino in that group too and was hoping to sign Werner to add strength and options to the front 3.

Back